Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 5 arrests made at Great Adventure  (Read 3545 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
5 arrests made at Great Adventure
« on: October 24, 2006, 07:59:08 PM »
These are the guests Shapiro needs to get rid of

Five arrests are made at Six Flags

Men charged with forging hand stamps, drug possession
Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 10/24/06
BY MARGARET F. BONAFIDE
TOMS RIVER BUREAU

JACKSON ? Police arrested five men and charged them with forging hand stamps to allow people to enter the Six Flags Great Adventure theme park without paying, police reported Monday.

Multiple drug charges were also handed out against the four Union men and one Queens man, said Sgt. Thomas Hratko.

The five individuals were in a passenger vehicle when it was stopped at 4:20 p.m. Sunday, Hratko said.

After being alerted by security at Great Adventure, five Jackson police officers responded to make a motor vehicle stop inside the theme park.

Sgt. Brian Geoghegan, patrol officers Fred Meabe, Michael Grochowski, Trevor Crowley, and Colin Menafra responded to the call, Hratko said.

Arrested were Edward Williams, 25, of Queens; Ricardo Chin, 19; Rashad Clark, 19; Edward Doherty, 18, and James Garcia, 20.

The men were found to have equipment to make and check hand stamps to gain entry into the park, Hratko said. Included in the findings were hand stamps, latex gloves, baby powder and an ultraviolet light, Hratko said.

Chin, Clark, Doherty, Williams and Garcia were all charged with forgery, conspiracy to commit forgery, and possession of a forgery device, Hratko said.

All five men were charged with possession of cocaine, possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, Hratko said.

In addition, Williams was charged with multiple drug possessions that included cocaine, marijuana and Ecstasy, Hratko said. Clark and Garcia were charged with distribution of a controlled dangerous substance, according to Hratko, who also said that Chin was charged with defiant trespass.

The men were held in the Ocean County Jail in Toms River: Chin was held in lieu of $125,000 bail, Garcia in lieu of $100,000 bail, Clark in lieu of $85,000 bail. Doherty and Williams were held in lieu of $75,000 bail, said Sgt. Edward Bennett.

Margaret F. Bonafide: (732) 557-5740 or bonafide@app.com

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: 5 arrests made at Great Adventure
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 08:06:19 PM »
I read this on another site and was just about to post it here...

This is a shame, I hate saying this, but I really HATE the group that comes to our park...

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 08:51:53 PM »
I know i'm going to get flamed for saying this but:

Did y'all notice these guys were from the NYC area. >:(
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 08:37:35 AM »
I read this in the paper while at work since a co-worker had to point it out. :( I am so disgusted I didn't even want to discuss it here.

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 06:46:23 PM »
Thats what coming into the park, no surprise here.

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 10:44:28 PM »
Scumbags  >:(

I can see Six Flags revising thier policy on re-entry without tickets next year.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 09:58:17 AM »
Scumbags  >:(

I can see Six Flags revising thier policy on re-entry without tickets next year.

Maybe upon re-entry you may need to show a ticket stub or a season pass . I wonder what will be done for the BAF coups. They just walk right up to the enterance with the SP holder maybe they could give them some other type of stub.

It doesn't suprise me they were from NYC but remember not all of us from NYC are there to scam anyone .

Did anyone notice the amount of drugs in the car? It makes me wonder what kind of animals they were to come to a park jacked up like that . things might have gotten out of hand . Thank goodness security was on top of this one.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 11:30:55 AM »
I agree - it is worth mentioning the fact that security was on top of this one.  It does make you realize that while we are getting annoyed at a line jumper, they are in fact working on more important things at times.  They just need more I guess.  Kudos though for recognizing this situation and having it promptly taken care of because these jerks would have definately been a big issue later in the evening had they gotten in.

It also makes you rethink that whole policy they tried to pull.  Maybe they weren't trying to further screw the paying public.  When you see something like this it makes you wonder how many times it has happpened before.

And we all wonder why Disney has gone to the finger scanners lol

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 03:02:55 PM »
Well, Paramount Parks tried finger scanners at Carowinds this year.  They will NOT be back next year.  Instead, they are going to a photo-less season pass system, where the computer pulls up your picture when your pass is scanned....

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 06:36:04 PM »
I would gladly recommend finger scanners IF, someone can recommend a server that is perfect and never freezes up >:(. The system we use at work to clock in and out on freezes up from time to time.
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 07:21:45 PM »
I had the figner scanners at USF/IOA this summer and have to say that it only worked 2 out of 5 days i was there . My kids had hit and miss days of when it worked for them . I think it is a good idea but the lines are huge now to get in on some days if the figner scanners dont work well in parks like USF/IOA ans Disney will they really work here??

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 09:10:55 PM »
Actually, Disney's new single finger scan works wonderfully.  The older system (which I think is still at Animal Kingdom) uses two fingers and has had its issues.