Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: New for 2007...  (Read 8933 times)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Re: New for 2007...
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2006, 11:07:45 PM »
Maybe these will even be water rides? Who knows. We will just have to wait until next season. Or unless Wade can get us some construction tours. :D

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2006, 06:53:36 AM »
If they were smart about the water issue, they would make Hurricane Harbor connected somehow so that maybe it would be included in the price of admission?

I don't see this ever happening.  Six Flags desperately needs the money.  No way are they going to include the waterpark with dry park admission.  In fact, I can see them separating some gates elsewhere in the country, though this would have to be done very carefully.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2006, 09:46:13 AM »
I wouldnt say for the $60 to get in for the day it would include going to Hurricane Harbor too. Maybe have like a $20 add on to get in because honestly, that place is going down the tubes. Maybe if more people went to it then we could possibly get a Tornado slide?

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2006, 10:46:08 PM »
Ya, show HH some love for once!!! A Tornado slide would be an amazing, and much needed add on.
is back? in black?

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 08:54:51 AM »
I never even been in HH  yet all these years.
In my mind I'm always thinking if the Theme Park is crowed the water park on a hot day will be just as bad or worse and I don't like waiting inline an hour + let alone for a water ride.

Also Friends and Family I know still to this day haven't been to the park in 10 - 15 + years do to past visits where crowds are the only thing they seen and long long lines.
I'm still trying to get them back to the park you ave to pick the days you go.

Long Long Long lines will prevent repeat visits and unhappy attendies
Yo

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
    • GreatAdventureHistory.com
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 10:21:09 AM »
I wouldnt say for the $60 to get in for the day it would include going to Hurricane Harbor too. Maybe have like a $20 add on to get in because honestly, that place is going down the tubes. Maybe if more people went to it then we could possibly get a Tornado slide?
I keep reading how HH is in decline form people, but it's always packed.   I don't know why people who are regular park goers have this perception that HH has lost popularity, but it obviously hasn't since it's always crowded.   Just because YOU don't go, doesn't mean no one else does.   Adding something new would be nice, but obviously it isn't crucial to the park drawing guests.

I know I didn't go at all this season, but that was simply a case of not having the time on days I knew it wouldn't be crowded (I hate to wait on lines so I only go when it's not busy).  The days I could go, I saw lines down the stairs on all the towers...how is that the park "going down the tubes"?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 10:22:51 AM by GAcoaster »

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 01:30:08 PM »
Hmmm.  In that case, the park may not be going down the tubes...but the people in it may sure be!

--GADVwow, running for the door

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
    • GreatAdventureHistory.com
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »
Teehee :D

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006, 10:42:11 PM »
Hey...I go to Hurricane Harbor! But isnt it funny how Six Flags builds a new HH for SFGam and connects it with the Theme Park and they also get a Tornado Slide too! Our HH is being put on the backburner I feel. So in my eyes, its going down the tubes in comparison to others. We got the theme park rides down packed so why not some new HH rides? Maybe some Nitro Racers? So much room to expand yet so little attention is given to it. :(

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 08:46:51 AM »
The difference is that our Hurricane Harbor is enough of a draw by itself that they don't need to include it with theme park admission.  Its all about what the market is like at each location.

HH in NJ is a bit on the larger side when compared to some of the other Six Flags water parks as well.  Personally, I'd rather see them replace rafts and tubes, clean up the place, spruce up the themed elements, add some paint here and there and give the place a REAL rehab.

At this point, a new slide would be icing on the cake because they obviously don't need one to help pull in large numbers.