Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 10-28-06 Quick TR  (Read 1792 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
10-28-06 Quick TR
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:37:06 PM »
Well, spur of the moment trip turned into quite a bit of fun.  And as usual, Chuck was up to meeting up lol.

I took my 4 year old son for one last trip of the season.  He is just now starting to understand the difference between colder regions such as NJ and warmer climates such as Florida.  So he was rather disappointed after mentioning to him a few days ago that Gadv would be closed for several months after this weekend.  And since I'm going for some coaster riding tomorrow, I felt the need to get him there.

Chuck arrived earlier than we did - I think around 3PM.  He was loving it because the place was empty.  Kingda Ka was even open briefly in these insane winds.  So he got a few rides in before we arrived shortly after 4.  Unfortunately, the crowds were now pouring in.  It never got as crowded as I heard last weekend was but it was getting worse as we left around 7:30.

Overall it was a fun trip.  I think Chuck was most excited though because he got to run around Balins Jungleland, go down the slides, ride the monster trucks, go on the taz swings, play in the ball pen, go on the little airplanes, Tango, Road Runner Railway (OUCH!) and even Musik Express.  Those are just some of the rides we did.  As you can tell, the kid sections were deserted.  I think we were 3 of maybe 15 in the ball pen and Balins was just as empty.

So it was great fun and awesome getting my son out for one last trip.  Hopefully tomorrow is better for the coasters because some of the lines were getting long tonight.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Re: 10-28-06 Quick TR
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 09:41:34 PM »
Nice.  It's always fun playing with the little ones.

And cheers to Chuck..at that age many guys don't yet want to play with the little kids in kiddieland! :)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 10:57:38 PM »
Its unfortunate that I left my camera in the car.  Seeing Chuck ride the monster trucks and go racing down the tube slides was priceless LOL

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 01:19:10 PM »
I had a blast yesterday in Balin's Jungeland and in the Ball Factory. Those auto blasters in there are awesome!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 05:03:20 PM »
Hopefully they are still there next year. I miss them. :(