Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 2007 Plans!  (Read 3896 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
2007 Plans!
« on: December 11, 2006, 10:06:27 AM »
SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE ANNOUNCES WIGGLES WORLD AND WILD SAFARI EXPLORATION STATION
FOR 2007 SEASON

New additions offer Six Flags guests more family fun

JACKSON, N.J. - Six Flags Great Adventure announces a newly-themed area, "Wiggles World," the park's fourth area devoted to kids offering new pint-sized adventures designed just for them. Just next door at Six Flags Wild Safari, guests will take a one-of-a-kind journey in the all-new Wild Safari Exploration Station, featuring hands-on Safari interactive adventures. Both new areas are set to open early next season. 

"Today's announcement represents Six Flags Great Adventure's continued focus on family entertainment," said Mark Kane, Six Flags Great Adventure's Vice President and General Manager.    "In addition to our world-class coaster collection and unparalleled line-up of thrill rides, the park now features four distinct areas devoted to families with young children, offering entertainment and thrills for all ages."

The Wiggles are the most popular children's entertainers in the world, and "Wiggles World" will be designed to leverage their vast recognition and status among children ages 2-6. Since 1991, The Wiggles have performed to more than 1 million audience members a year.  To date, they have sold more than 22 million DVDs and videos and more than 5 million albums worldwide, and The Wiggles' successful television show has been broadcast on Disney Channel's Playhouse Disney since 2002.

"Wiggles World," the park's fourth area devoted exclusively to children, will feature specially- themed rides and attractions including The Big Red Car ride, The Big Red Plane ride, Dorothy the Dinosaur's Racing to the Rainbow balloon ride, Bouncin' with Wags ride and the S.S. Feathersword Pirate Ship. The area will also include retail locations selling Wiggles merchandise and a restaurant, the Yummy Yummy Caf?. "Wiggles World" will be populated by The Wiggles' cast of supporting characters: Dorothy the Dinosaur, Captain Feathersword, Wags the Dog and Henry the Octopus, who will pose for photos and perform in daily shows. The Wiggles themselves - Anthony, Sam, Jeff and Murray - will make an appearance and perform at the park in 2007.

Just next door, families will explore the Wild Safari Exploration Station, an all-new area featuring hands-on Safari interactive adventures. After experiencing a one-of-a-kind journey through six continents of exotic animals, including visits from the likes of Rip the African elephant, Georgia the giraffe and King the lion cub, in the largest drive-thru Safari outside of Africa, guests will have the opportunity to visit the new Wild Safari Exploration Station for a unique, hands-on experience.  Guests will enjoy educational and exciting animal shows featuring exotic birds, snakes and reptiles. In addition, they will encounter superstars Cleo the capuchin monkey and Kumai the cuddly kinkajou, explore interactive science exhibits and get up-close to touch amazing animals at the Wild Safari Exploration Station.  The area will also include a retail location with Safari merchandise and a new snack bar with lots of sweet treats.

The new Wiggles World and Wild Safari Exploration Station are slated for a spring 2007 opening.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 04:26:43 PM by WadeJ »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: 2007 Plans!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 10:15:56 AM »
I know I'll never win the argument but I still think this is a amazingly smart move.  The market they just hit is something Six Flags has not been able to touch before.  Now they just have to deliver across all services while they lure in these new customers.

The only surprise for me was the mention of 4 kiddie areas which would indicate Looney Tunes Seaport is staying put.  So I guess Wiggles World is taking over Koala Canyon - which is GOOD.  It was never open any more and was in horrible shape.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 10:24:46 AM »
My kids never got into Wiggle's World but, I think it would be a good idea to Join Koala Canyon with LTS and transform it into Wiggle's World. I agree with Wade, work on customer Service, get the fine collection of coasters in GOOD working order and we could have a great season. Maybe this is only half and we could still see some stuff come from boneyards across the chain to fill in those empty "thrill" flat spots.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 11:10:09 AM »
AHH the wiggles are comming . Never mind the new area I don't think my son will be intrested at 5 but when they come in concert AHHH that will be a day to miss for sure. Do you know how soon their concerts sell out? lots of families there that is for sure.

As for the safari area that sounds really intresting but will there be an up charge for the interative areas ? I hope not I am thinking it will be like at AK in WDW with conservation station? Or something along those lines.

It all sounds good but doesn't address the customer service and ride lines as issues as of yet. Hopefully this will also be addressed.

Offline twisterbret

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 02:35:05 PM »
I know I'll never win the argument but I still think this is a amazingly smart move.  The market they just hit is something Six Flags has not been able to touch before.  Now they just have to deliver across all services while they lure in these new customers.

The only surprise for me was the mention of 4 kiddie areas which would indicate Looney Tunes Seaport is staying put.  So I guess Wiggles World is taking over Koala Canyon - which is GOOD.  It was never open any more and was in horrible shape.

Is Koala Canyon the foam ball area?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 03:01:21 PM »
Not many people know it exists lol.

You have to go under Poland Spring Plunge (the moon flume back by Seaport) which I think is now rip tide.  Basically, go like you are going to Nitro, go towards the rapids ride and hang a left, go down a abandoned looking pathway and BAM, kiddie section.

This used to be the entrance - http://www.amusementpics.com/SFGAdvNotesSummer06/090406-287.jpg

With the sign -
http://www.amusementpics.com/SFGAdvNotesSummer06/SFGA-Sept-11-2004-060.jpg

edit:  oh yeah, the ball pit area is in Looney Tune Seaport and isn't going anywhere ;)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 03:16:57 PM »
Yes!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 03:20:54 PM »
haha, don't worry Chuck, we still have something to do when all the coaster lines are to long lol

I finally found a few photos that Nate took of the area in 2005.

This is where I think the new Wiggles World is going.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 03:46:16 PM »
You know.. I think it was SFA, that had an area devoted to curious george.  Im just going to say that I, as an 18 year old.. had fun in that place.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »
You know.. I think it was SFA, that had an area devoted to curious george.  Im just going to say that I, as an 18 year old.. had fun in that place.

I know that universal has a water area devoted to curious george that is all water and my kids as well as us adults had a good time in there on a hot day.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 10:35:55 PM »
Has the hotel idea been shelved or scrapped?

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 01:23:51 AM »
From what I remember, it was shelved until an independent company wants to pick up the tab on construction costs and maintenance.  I think it would be a far smarter thing for Six Flags to keep it all in-house.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 08:30:23 AM »
Even if it wasn't on the property a Hotel near the park is much needed

I think the Great Wolf Lodge opens this week outside of P:KI

The confernace call is starting now Dec,12  8:30 so lets see what all the plans bring for next year
Yo

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 06:25:26 PM »
You think right.  And interestingly, CBS still holds an interest in that lodge...Cedar Fair was offered the CBS interest....and turned it down!