Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Who Sudokus?  (Read 2203 times)

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
Who Sudokus?
« on: December 28, 2005, 11:10:01 AM »
I am sure that many people have found the Sudoku recently, the Japanese Logic number puzzle. But I was just curious how many people actually do these and how good you are at them.

I was in Barnes and Noble yesterday and I picked up the Mensa Sudoku book and let me tell you it is extremely challenging, but so far I have done well in completing the puzzles without cheating or guessing and getting none incorrect. So who else thinks they would be able to Mensa Sudoku or how many just started this new trend.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
Who Sudokus?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 12:11:57 PM »
Sudoku can kiss my white butt!

Actually everyday at work we have a competition to see who can do the USA Today Sudoku the fastest. (You can enable a timer in the options) I am OK at it, but my one buddy can rock them like there's no tomorrow!

USA Today Daily Sudoku

Oh and btw - There is NO guessing in Sudoku. It is all logic. There is always a move that can be made without guessing. (That's why I do them in pen when i do them on paper) I just wish I could get better at figuring out which number is missing when I have 8 already found. I hate having to count through them all!

Another good site: Sudoku Fun. (I like USA Today's interface better)
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
Who Sudokus?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 12:47:02 PM »
My brother got one of thesebooks for Christmas. He's been doing them a lot, so I guess they are addictive. I haven't tried them yet, but probably will in the future....

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
Who Sudokus?
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 12:48:27 PM »
They really are addictive and once you start doing you it puts you in a trance like you don't want to be interrupted. It's all about having logic and you should try them. They are really fun and addicting :)

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
Who Sudokus?
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 01:48:14 PM »
That is just plain EVIL and, indeed addictive! LOL :P

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
Who Sudokus?
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 01:29:35 PM »
My trig teacher gives them to us for extra credit.  I cant stand them.  The last one i just threw away before i looked at it.  Numbers and math arent my thing.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!