Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo Trip Report: Coney Island 4/1/07, Opening Day  (Read 936 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
Photo Trip Report: Coney Island 4/1/07, Opening Day
« on: April 01, 2007, 06:41:12 PM »
Hey guys, so there wasn't much to see today besides Cyclone. On the way to Coney Island we passed Nellie Bly, which was currently finishing touches on it's new Wacky Worm coaster. So we arrived at the Cyclone at 11:30, and it doesn't open until 12:00. They had the Media and what not up in the station and the Enthusiests outside the enterence around the Cyclone back past the ride. I ran into a lot of ACE friends and Kenskie and a good friend of mine from school. The 1st 100 people got free tickets to ride (but it seems like they gave way more than 100). They sent out the first train and forgot to turn on the lift. So the train went around stopped. Sat there for a minute or two and then they got the lift started.

A little while later they opened the line and let us all in (the queue was still over flowing). WHile waiting, one of the trains was having a little trouble on the second turn around,w hen it neerly stalled and inched down the hill. We waited 10 minutes and finally got on. Kenny got owned by a rerider while Anthony got the 2nd to last row, and Savannah and I got the last row. We were dispatched and headed up the lift. The first drop came, and to our suprise, they added on on-ride photo to the first drop (the booth was closed, they were just testing it). The ride was smoother than last year and was giving butt kicking airtime and a fun, fast ride.

Afterwords I talked to a few people and realised the line was a lot shorter, so Anthony, Savannah, Kenny and I ran back in line and waited for the first two rows of the last car. of course the people in our row wanted to do a re-ride. Finally we got on and had an other good ride. We were just screaming things and yelling, and having fun. Savannah and I were screaming Charlie the Unicorn ("We're going to Candy Mountain!") and when  we were on the final turn around, Savannah started yelling, "Ol?!" and Kenny thought we were all crazy. Which we are! But so is he :P .

On to the photos:

The line.

Dainan filming the line.

Savannah and her mid line snack.

Anthony, Dainan and Savannah

Kenny (Kenskie) got here earlier than we did.

Tom, Anthony, Savannah and Dainan

Back Seat Bill and his son.

Allready for the first ride of 07.

This, everyone, is Miss Cyclone! I kid you not, that's what her banner says!

"I'm a pretty lady"

Savannah

Mama

Last car 1st row: Savannah and Dainan. Last car 2nd row: Anthony and Kenny

Coney Crew

-Dainan "It was a great hour and a half" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255