Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Trip Report- 4/10  (Read 1167 times)

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
Trip Report- 4/10
« on: April 10, 2007, 09:12:09 PM »
It was a great day at the park. Not crowded at all, a little chilly but the sun warmed you up.  I arrived at the park around 1045 and sailed right through the parking booths.  The far right hand one is full service and Season's Pass Holders.   I don't quite understand since all full service lines can process Season's Parking Pass.  I wish they would make a line only for Season's Parking Pass Holders.

As soon as the park opened, I headed right to El Toro.  Most of the crowd went to Ka but it was closed and still testing.  When I arrived at Toro, it had not even begun Testing.  I was the first person in line and waited while it went through all the testing cycles.  I have to give credit to Phil the guy that was working the line.  He was so patient and nice with the so many people asking him how long it would be, why was it not open, etc.  He did a great job.  He said that because it was cold, more test cycles needed to be done to get the wheels working properly.  It finally opened around 1230 and I was in the first car, first seat.  It was great.  The Toro crew did a great job all day operating the ride.  I was able to get six rides on Toro today.  The max wait was like 30 minutes with the end of the evening, around 530 PM being only 15 minutes.  Two trains were operating and it had some periods of when it was down.  At one point the train was stuck on the lift hill for about 25 minutes.  Special mention also to Matt on the Toro crew.  Nice guy, very friendly and does a great job with keeping the lines entertained and informed.

Ka opened up around 12.  I went over around 1 and only waited 20 minutes to get on.  (2 trains) The ride went down around 3 and was down the rest of the afternoon.  The girl at the front of the line said it was a braking problem. They were testing around 6:00.  I  sat there for about 15 minutes and watched three trains launch.  One had a rollback.  I decided not to stay since nobody knew if it would open before the park closed at 7.

Most rides were walk on today, with the exception of Toro and Ka when it was open.  I got one ride on Chiller (walk on).  I was never a fan of this ride but I wanted to try it.  It seemed smoother but still not a huge fan.  It seemed to be operating all day.

I got many rides on Nitro.  Most walk on's.  Nitro is my favorite coaster and nobody does a better job of getting the trains out quickly than the Nitro crew.

The park looked great.  I was very impressed with the number of people I saw picking up trash.  Even while waiting in line for Toro, I saw the security guard on more than one occasion, walk into the line queue and pick up trash that was on the ground.  The staff was friendly as usual.

I am back to work tomorrow after being off for almost two weeks so I doubt I will be back at the park before Coasters After Dark in May.  I am happy that I was able to get four visits to the park since Opening Day.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:11:07 PM by peterpjr »

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
Re: Trip Report- 4/10
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 12:18:19 PM »
Great TR, Peter.  Sounds like you had a good day.  I agree, Matt on the ET crew is an excellent employee.