Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 4/14 ...TR...  (Read 3091 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
4/14 ...TR...
« on: April 15, 2007, 10:42:25 AM »
Went to the park yesterday and it was a good day .  Went to the safari and the exploration station . IT is very nice to see the area updated and being put to use. They had a bunny for the kids to pet . All in all a nice stop but the kids wanted the park. As we stood by the car KK was running and WOW that is a nice area to see it run . INTO the park we go  Started with Nitro walk up the stairs with hardley no wait until they pulled on train and it was  one train operation . Over to WW with our son and LTSP . All rides were running except the big red cars which they were working on and did get to run. Hardley no wait for anything in either area . Off to skull mountain they measured my son for 44 inches and we rode 4 times. Off to BBLTT and it was down. So we go to the Butterfyfries stand at the Boardwalk and what a suprise there the fries are now FROZEN and the size of the serving is much smaller then last season. >:(. so off to more rides . Since they measured him at 44 inches we went to RMT again she measures him and lets him ride . We rode 3 times I got off and let him go with my DD so up the stairs they went  and NOW he is not 44 inches and can't ride so the  :'( starts with him. I went up there and he ISN'T making the height .to my  :o I was a little annoyed because now my son is crying and they just let him on it  after he rode SM so we just left and went about our day . On to other rides . ET is now running two trains and we walked up the stairs. Nice  ;D while on ET we noticed a short line on KK. So off ET to KK we go . My son went to the GK and my DD stayed with him. Me and DH went to KK . It is very slow loading for some reason but only running two trains. As we are in line it goes down we were by the lockers after 20 min so we left. The kids went to SUF and GASM both with no waits GASM was walk on . Took my son to the parachutes and we were very suprised to see only two people in line. ;D. after this we notice KK running again . Took my son back to the GK and my dd's and Dh went to kk again. They walked right into the station. After the ride I went on with the Parent Pass and ending up with it being down for like 5 min again. after it started we were next and I tell you it is much better at night . It just is so dark and it gives it that WOW it doesn't get in the daylight for some reason.  ;D So Happy we hung around. As we were leaving we went back to BBLTT and it was up and running so we had a marathon of 4 rides with two in front but then mommy had enough Time to go home. Well we closed the park again and now there are even more people in the line up to leave the park off the say good night to everyone and now my hand hurts LOL.

One more thing I notice the amount of characters is amazing this year. They are eveywhere. The only one is need to find for my son is Batman . He really wants a photo with Batman so this is my new quest.

sorry its long but it was a great day in the park.

Offline MForce23

• Monkey Around
Re: 4/14 ...TR...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 12:35:13 PM »
 Why is nitro a 1 train operation?

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 01:07:22 PM »
Something happened to it. Not exactly sure but hopefully it isn't a big issue.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 05:23:54 PM »
Something happened to it. Not exactly sure but hopefully it isn't a big issue.

Wow. Nitro down to one train?  What has happened to the other trains?

Offline coastermom

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 07:44:45 PM »
one train is under the track with NO wheels on it and as for the one train that went down yesterday it was in the shed last I seen with no one around it . I do hope that now that the park is closed during the week they will get things up and running better for when the park opens daily.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 07:47:11 PM »
Nice Trip Report :)

And as for Nitro, I wouldn't sweat it unless we still see 1 train next weekend.  My guess would be there simply weren't enough guests to warrant the extra train or it wasn't quite making the time on each lap so keeping one train going keeps it hotter and faster (example: El Toro)

Just the fact that Great Adventure has managed to keep these big rides going in this weather is BEYOND amazing.  Not many parks do that folks :)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 07:48:56 PM »
/\/\ same time post lol

The 3rd train is still going through off-season rehab.  Nitro being last actually makes sense when you consider its capacity.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 08:04:39 PM »
Just the fact that Great Adventure has managed to keep these big rides going in this weather is BEYOND amazing.  Not many parks do that folks :)
I was quite surprised when they launched us a 3rd time after my second rollback. Don't they usually do a test launch once it hits 2 in a row?

Offline coastermom

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 08:29:20 PM »
YOU STINK I still can't even get one roll back . AHHH

Vent over .

AS for the park it was a great day yesterday and we had lots of fun. It is great to see so many happy faces in the park again and am very hopeful to see it stay that way.   One more thing with the parent pass I was greeted very nicely at every station even at KK when one person on the platform didn't really know the procedure ( or maybe the language ??) had my DH leave with the pass and then I went up with it . they let us ride no problem and they were very nice even the ride opts at nitro were asking if we were enjoying our day and if we were having a good time . Great to see this hope it keeps up.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 08:44:25 PM »
Those are good things to hear.

And the rollbacks just show you how much better Ka's systems are running.  Last year if a rollback occurred, it would be done for at least 30 minutes.  On a few occasions, it whacked it for the day.  The fact that they could park it, reset and relaunch and then do it 3 TIMES is totally amazing to me.

Clint, you do suck... really, you do LOL

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 08:45:28 PM »
I still don't believe it! lol

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 10:49:52 PM »
Hey...if you want a rollback. Just go be a ride op on Kingda Ka.