Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: A Quick Update  (Read 2440 times)

Offline coasterbruce01

• Koala Canyon
A Quick Update
« on: April 16, 2007, 12:58:36 PM »
It's been intresting 6 months, and add that to me not posting too much on any of the boards, it begins to look like i'm amongst the lost.

Here's the Higlights:

Powerplant Overhaul

I work in a Power Plant, and we had to a tear down of the Gas Turbine for it's 7th year overahaul. We replaced blades, cleaned the casing, sent the rotor out for welding, the usaual stuff. During these types of outages, it's 12 and 16 hour days 6 days a week. I was there for about 80% of it.

Hand Operation

I have Carpal tunnel in both hands, and my right hand became useless. Yes the overhaul didn't help it. I got the operation over the Christmas Holidays. I was out of work for 3 weeks. When it's your dominant hand , things get dicey. Operation went well, and the plastic surergy hid the scare.

Trips

Eastcoaster

Got to see some of my good friends at this event, and went to a great party afterwards

Italy

Went to Italy, no coasters this trip, just the sites. All the parks were closed while we were there. I did get to see Zamperla, that was on the way from Vernona to Venice. I tried to get a picture of it on the way back, but we used a different Autostrata to get back to Rome.

Trips Planned for this year

ACE Preservation Confrecnce at Great Adventure and Coney. I'm driving to this one, might have to do Seaside Piers the Friday that I arrive.

PPP

All ready have my room for Saturday at PPP. The trip goes like this.

LV Boston on Acela Express
AR NYC board train for Pitt
AR Pitt

Do Kennywood and other parks with my Western PA and Ohio and WV friends. Ride to PPP with them, and back to Pitt.

DP Pitt to NYC
DP NYC to Boston on Aclea

Well that is the quick Update

Bruce............................

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 01:08:14 PM by coasterbruce01 »

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: A quick update
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 01:07:06 PM »
Good to see that youre still alive and well Bruce!!!

I'll be heading up your way on Saturday the 21st to SFNE with my girlfriend, Kyle Mackey and his GF Jenna... if you want to meet up, you are more than welcome!

I'll have to meet up with you at the Pres Con this year, and you should really try to fit Clementon in the mix of parks to hit as well (if you haven't already)

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline coasterbruce01

• Koala Canyon
Re: A Quick Update
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 01:33:44 PM »
Good to see that youre still alive and well Bruce!!!

I'll be heading up your way on Saturday the 21st to SFNE with my girlfriend, Kyle Mackey and his GF Jenna... if you want to meet up, you are more than welcome!

I'll have to meet up with you at the Pres Con this year, and you should really try to fit Clementon in the mix of parks to hit as well (if you haven't already)

I'm Working Afternoon shift on the 21st , otherwise I would head right out to SFNE. The Catapult (Swatter)is running. I'm using all my vacation time this year , that's how many things are planned for this year. One wedding and one family reunion are also part of this years travel plans.

I will have to see you at the Preservation Conference. 

Clementon is do-able if I can my friend Bob arrive here on time, so that our start time is earlier enough. Bob is doing 2 events this year with me, Preservation and PPP. Bob made sure the first thing that he asked on New Years, what events are you doing this year.

I don't know where ACE has got there Hotels for the Conference, but if they are in the Greater Freehold area , that puts me in a good spot for the Shore and Clementon.

I will keep my Pres Conference plans pretty loose so that I'm able to shoehorn a few other parks on Friday.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 03:12:43 PM »
Howdy Bruce
Me (Tom) and CHuck meet up with you last year at SFNE during the Fall superman event.
It was my first visit to SFNE and I got about 17 S:ROS in that day and night  :)

I know that carpal tunnel can be a real pain in the butt  from what I heard.

ALso if you have never ever been to Wildwood its worth a visit.

Clementon  you can do in a few hours.

Tom
Yo

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 03:55:58 PM »
Hey Bruce, Glad to hear your well and getting back into the swing of things!

If your in Pittsburgh, you MAY be able to even sneak out to CP, I am not too sure though
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 05:44:59 PM »
Bruce, nice to hear from you!  Nice to know you're getting better from the carpal tunnel and getting back to riding those coasters.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 05:46:52 PM »
Bruce, Nice to hear that you got to Eastcoaster and a great party afterwards.   :)

Hope to see you again soon now that the coaster season has begun!

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 06:12:57 PM »
Hi, Bruce!  Glad to hear you are doing better.  Carpal tunnel sure isn't fun, to say the least.

Offline coasterbruce01

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 06:59:49 PM »
Howdy Bruce
Me (Tom) and CHuck meet up with you last year at SFNE during the Fall superman event.
It was my first visit to SFNE and I got about 17 S:ROS in that day and night  :)

I know that carpal tunnel can be a real pain in the butt  from what I heard.

ALso if you have never ever been to Wildwood its worth a visit.

Clementon  you can do in a few hours.

Tom

I been to Wildwood twice, but not recently.

I did SFNE opening day, and SROS dispatch times were running about 5 minutes with 1 train operation. The red train valleyed on Friday, and was on the transfer track on Saturday. I asked one of the ride attendants how they got it back to the station, and was told they used a crane to get the trains off the track and back to the station.

My relatives took a picture of me during Thanksgiving, and you could see how bad my hand had gotten. The hand was numb all the time, and had problems gripping things. I was going to get the operation in mid January, but had to push it up. The true sign that it was time for the operation, is when my wife had to start cutting up my food for me.

You Wrote:

>>It was my first visit to SFNE and I got about 17 S:ROS in that day and night  :)<<

That's great! I forgot how many I got that day, but I think you got more rides then I did. That event was fun

Bruce....................................................

Offline coasterbruce01

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 07:05:53 PM »
Bruce, Nice to hear that you got to Eastcoaster and a great party afterwards.   :)

Hope to see you again soon now that the coaster season has begun!

I wish that I could shoehorn 2 visits to NJ and PA instead of the 1.

Coastersue , hope see you guys again soon

Bruce....................................

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 01:20:31 PM »
Hey Bruce! Nice to hear everything is alright!