Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 4/28 and we get stuck on KK .... LONG  (Read 2723 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
4/28 and we get stuck on KK .... LONG
« on: April 29, 2007, 09:24:17 AM »
Well got to the park between 2 and 3 I am guessing I really didn't pat too much attention to the time. The park was crowded with lots of cheerleaders for a dance thing there . We meet my family and friends at the best of the west as they were eating. My son and hubby go to RMT and wait a good 20 min or so . One daughter and her friend went over to medusa to tell me the line was in and out of the switch backs and was too long to wait for that ride. Off they went to do somethig so me and hubby tried to go on the log flume . As we got up the stairs it went down . This of caurse is not good as well there was a woman near the exit that had a group of young cheerleards with her and that  boat full of kids was  stuck on the lift hill I guess a good 15min and one kid was hystercal  :'( after they finally got her down . needless to say after 30 min. we left and  Of caurse 15 min after that they ran it again . Went into LTNP and hubby and the kids went over to KK. This is where the TR gets intresting. ...

Hubby calls tells me to hurry over as they are already on the platform. I asked how that was and he tells me 4 TRAINS are running , I almost fell over .  :o.. So we do the three rides in LTSP that my son likes and we go over to KK. they get off and tell me to go to the exit the parent pass is up there and they know we are coming . I go up the exit with no problem the girl tells me and my oldest daughter to just get into the next train . We get in and are ready to go. The orange schoolbus is in front of us and we are in the blueberry muffin . OS goes with not a problem . We are set to launch and start going and come to a complete stop in the middle of the launch. Well this was a little never racking to say the least. It is hard to describe it but it just lost power. It was very strange. We were past the area with the camera I can't really say how far we got but it seemed pretty far . After the stop we were then very slowley rolling back to the station . We were just out side the station towards the transfer tracks  where now they have us sit on the track because all the trains are in except ours and OS is in the first position. It took some time but they got OS back and then got us into the station. We get off the train and wait i say about 20 min or so and it was up again. So off I went on the same train and it launched just fine. The crew up there was great . Off to get me some butterfly fries now  which I am happy to say are now being made the same way they were last year with real potatoes now NOT frozen ones!!! ;D  Alsothe serving size is back to what it was last year .                          We didn't do too much as we were with a group and keeping track of 10 teenagers was enough work for one day for me. Never mind a 5 year old too . We didn't do ET but the kids did and they said the line moved really well and they got on in less then 30 min. We did do Nitro at night and well that is amazing. My son did BBLTT 3 times with almost no wait and SM 3 times also with hardley no wait. We spent time in WW and LTSP all rides up and running . And last but not least we love the RT is Running 4 racing trains !!!! AMAZING is all I can say on that . I didn't get up there but am looking forward to that next weekend .

Two small comments one is GR had 4 windows open with no wait it was very nice. And the line up at the end is so funny I hope they do it all season it just makes me laugh .

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
Re: 4/28 and we get stuck on KK .... LONG
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 01:59:03 PM »
What is BBLTT?

Offline coastermom

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 02:43:28 PM »
Black Beards lost treasure train . Right near the dolphin show.

Offline summahboy

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 03:45:12 PM »
I went on 4/28 too. Heres mine (copied from gainsider lol)

Today was the FSA competition so there were alot of young girls....some even 4 years old dolled up and wearing skimpy outfits (remind me what 4 years olds cheerlead 4? The kindergarten football team?) so there were tons of kids, however lucky for everyone they were scared of all the big rides and didnt plague any lines.

Walked into the park right after opening with a huge group of friends....went straight to Nitro....WALK ON!!!! YAY!

Nitro - Front row, amazing, walk on, 2 trains, ran great all day

B: TR - decided to change this up as I usually ride back, went to the front......wow what an amazing ride...intense too!....total walk on but the crew was slow at checking things

Chiller - walk on, pretty fast crew......first ride on the humps. I got some air in the front car. Nice and smooth, prefer the rolls but, hey, I got some air (floater) and that tickly stomach feeling biggrin.gif

SpongeBob The Ride - waited about 10 minutes because it was in the middle of the movie. Filled with kids, they all loved it, Six flags handed out broken glasses though. Once again, the sound on this ride needs fixing.

***Kingda Ka - Worst ride of the day! And it was sad to see. Ran all 4 trains, when running, it ate lines (which werent that long anyway) but it was constantly "experiencing minor technical difficulties" all day long and kept breaking down. We tried to go on 3 times. The last time, we were NEXT in line. So we got off and it opened about a half hour later. So, no Ka 4 us. They wouldnt say what was wrong though.
Can you believe there were people who bought Flash Passes 2day?

El Toro - best ride ever 2day....ET was kicking MAJOR butt. It ate lines too! Running great all day. It had 1 minor break down but it was all good. Back car, middle row. Amazing drop, air, speed, RT hill, twister. The line was using 1 switchback, the back 1 was closed off. Line took about 20 minutes. Not bad at ALL and it was filled to the beginning of it. What an improvement. I loved it.

Superman - we tried getting on this after SpongeBob but the line looked SO long. But we tried it again. We realized that it was long because none but the 1st switchback was being used. Superman...I've only been on it once. i didnt like it too much. We rode front when I went on. BUT WOW, this time we rode back....WOW. The pretzel is probably the most forceful inversion I've ever felt in my life....maybe the most forceful inversion created? Superman ran 2 trains and congrats to it.....it took about 20 min. The little snack stand was open. The crew was enthusiastic. One problem....the lady at the top of the stairs ASSIGNED rows! WHAT? No way! So we decided to get back even though she told us row 4. Assigned is not gonna work, especially summer months. But the When u wait on a line thats gonna be that long, u wanna ride what u wanna ride. I lost my phone on this ride btw, I'm pissed lol

RT - ran all 4 trains, yay! short lines, racing was a little unfair though as they were started at the same time. They were starting slightly later than each other and the left was always loosing. We lost. sad.gif Ride crew was ok. No emotions and kinda slow.

Medusa - Medusa, earlier, had the longest line in the park, reaching almost to the photobooth. But now it was shorter, and faster. 3 trains, ate lines, back row, great intense, and faster than usual ride.

Other notes:
- restuarants were PACKED and running slow. The people at La Cocina had no idea what they were doing. The food was ok. They need spanish workers in there lol I had the layers of flavor thing....so oily and these workers just dump everything on top of chips. They dont mix it. There were onions and lettuce in 1 corner of the plate, tomatoes on the other....I think they might have 4got some things too because they kept forgetting people's orders. Awful service. Nice people though, but so slow and confused. Best of the West ran slow too. Carnegie Deli was the only short one, and thats because since its a deli and probably the most healthy food in the park, they dont want it. lol
Random....but why is it that every salad in six flags has different names and described differently but its all the same when you get it?
- Jonnhy Rockets had workers putting up big JR light signs on the roof that said Hambugers, fries, shakes, and chili
- Panda Express.....nothing
- Sky Ride broke down twice and re-opened twice
- KDK plagued all day, too bad too
- poor tigers, i had those kids that bang on the glass. SF needs to put signs that say dont bang on the glass because unless you want another croc-eats-boy incident like in China then they better stop. I'm totally against animals in captivity either way. But they were cute and we watched them eat legs lol
- all flats (including Space Shuttle) were open. Twister....is it running differently? Or is it the same program.....seemed to have more flips to me. Twister needs some damn oil to stop that squeek and it needs a sign.
- Ben and Jerrys and ColdStone dont exactly live out full potential. IDK y, I was expecting it to be...more....Ben and Jerrys and less generic ice cream stand. Oh well, it was good!
- Statue show is a hit
- characters were everywhere, although, I havent seen any street performers
- nobody played any games all day except at The Boardwalk, but all the game stands were opened!
- Supermans photos werent working
- Supermans layout/peice of land is so.....bare. It could really use some **terrain for the ride*** lol
- before we left the park, we wanted to get a quick ride on anything. Around 7 all the lines got long because I guess everyone wanted to get their last rides too so we skipped everything any left

Overall: pretty good day, got on alot of rides. Had to leave at 7 but if we stayed until closing, woulda got on everything in the park that we wanted, maybe plus more.

Offline Majortom1981

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 02:01:25 PM »
I bought a flash pass saturday and it was well worth it.

Anyway. I got stuck on KK maybe about 12 or so.

I know when I was stuck on kk they were having restraint problems. Some of the seats were registering that the restraints werent closed and the ride technicians kept telling the ride ops to check the gold clips.

They even took one of the trains off and onto the storage track.

After that we started to go onto the launch track and completely stopped. we got bought back to the station and they had restraint problems with one of the other trains.

IF one of the seat belts is being reported as open does it really stop the whole ride like that ?

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 03:57:59 PM »
Woah thats pretty far to get stuck out on KK.
Good thing they had a good crew running and got you back in and launching fast.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 07:11:14 PM »
Well ours was way later then 12 so I wonder what the issue is or if it is just a Tech thing that needs to be adjusted. They were constantly telling people to stay away from the air gates  not to lean on them and such  . i don't know but it was weird to just stop like that . i was wishing for a roll back but not a complete stop .

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 10:23:35 PM »
Haha, Damn I wish I would of went, I would not mind all the cheerleaders in the park :)

So you got a rollback eh?
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline coastermom

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 11:10:32 AM »
Iwouldn't call it a rool back it was a COMPLETE STOP on the launch . It just rolled back really ,really slow into the station. I was hopeful for a real roll back though I guess I am still waiting :(