Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: El Toro opening Vs May 29th  (Read 1206 times)

Offline twisterbret

• Balin's Jungleland
El Toro opening Vs May 29th
« on: May 29, 2007, 08:10:22 PM »
El Toro opening Vs May 29th

Today my wife (Jill) and I were kid free for a few hours. We don?t dump are kids on anyone so it?s a rare moment. We started are day on El Toro, which opened with the park with 2 trains. We waited a total of 6 mins. It?s the first time I?ve waited in the queue. I was lucky enough to get a few rides at last years press day and that?s the last time I?ve ridden it. Jill and I took the very backseat. I rode the seat a few times and preferred seat over the others. But I do know there truly isn?t a bad seat on the ride.
  The lift was as fast as ever. I think it?s faster then Rolling Thunder  Down the first drop you can here the up stop wheels hit the track. To me that?s saying this first drop is STEEP! This coaster truly needs its upstop wheels or it would spell disaster. The out run was filled with all the air I remember and then some. The turn around was much faster but was a little bumpy. But I think the bumpiness gave it some true wood coaster qualities. On to the straight away, this was the only part I thought the coaster really slowed and I thought they could have done something better. Well that was last year. I was surprised with air not but once but twice. The crossover hill was just as crazy as ever and the finally S turns were intense and amazing. The proof was us flying into the brake run when last year we crawled over the last hills. El Toro has truly broken in.
 Just a reminder, there is an ACE Preservation Con in August 4-5, 2007, and they are serving up late night ERT on El Toro from 11:00pm to 12:00am.

http://www.aceonline.org/flyers/PreservationCon2007.pdf

This Con includes Coney Island which after this year will never be the same.

Bret

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: El Toro opening Vs May 29th
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 01:47:55 PM »
It's a shame you haven't been on El Toro since Media Day but its still cool to hear from somebody that hasn't ridden since then to know just how much its improved.  Yes, it rocked last year for media day but even by mid-season it was really cruising.  While I'll agree its certainly gotten bumpier, I actually prefer it the way it is now.  Its faster with more air (is that possible?) and even has more of a woodie feel.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and congrats on finally getting back on it :)