Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: IdleWild PTR 7/3/07  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
IdleWild PTR 7/3/07
« on: July 06, 2007, 11:42:25 AM »
It wouldn't make sense driving out to KW if we didn't stop at Idlewild.

After traveling on 711 south the wrong way and wasting 30 minutes , we finally found the park. I had the same feeling I had when I first found Knoebels driving past a little house and even a smaller sign for the park.  Once at the parking gate this is where I found out you also pay for park admission. It would be 23.50 for parking and two wrist bans. We drove pass hundreds of picnic tables and several parking lots before I finally picked the last lot.

Walking into the park still felt like Knoebels with all the gravel, smaller older rides and shady forest charm. After a quick restroom stop it was off to the Caterpillar. Once here, I felt a couple of rain drops and the sky darkened. I gave up on the idea of riding and headed straight for the mouse fearing it would closed due to rain. The line wasn't to bad and about 15 mins later we were on the crooked lift hill.

What makes this my favorite mouse ever is the Head choppers from both the track and the fresh cut pines surrounding every drop and turn. They couldn't have picked a better spot for it.

Once loaded you were told to hole onto the red tape and don't let go , due to sudden stops and sharp turns.

After that amazing ride , we went off to find Rollo Coaster. On the way we passed their new flyers. The line was crazy busy, and who are we Kidding ..were only here for a credit run.

Right next to the flyers was Rollo Coaster.

It's very hard to even tell what the layout is due to the woods.

Once inside the station we hopped in the back row. Another classic with just a fixed bar to hold on to and no seat belts.

Even at 900 ft of track I now know how Boudler Dash was born. It was the same ride at a smaller scale.  It had that nice little first drop hugging the hill side,  followed by some little air time hills. It didn't hit me until the turnaround that I was riding Boulder Dash. Same wide turn followed by three hills all while surrounded by trees and Hill side.

Here's the huge first drop  ;)

See it's mini Boulder Dash.(Ok, so take it for what's it worth)  Still a fun ride!

After my ride,  it was back to the caterpillar

I think there might only be two or three that still run like this. I was very happy to ride one again.

Finally,  what's a trip to Idlewild if you don't do Mister Rogers Make Believe Trolley ride. (so I'm told )

King Friday

Everybody at the Hug and song.  Come along ..come along ..come along to the hug and song.

It was a fun credit trip, but I'd like to return to check out the water park,  Story Book forest, Play some Mini Golf and check out the rest of the park and rides. Until next time......

Thanks for reading,

Bubs

« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 11:45:30 AM by Bubba Z »

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: IdleWild PTR 7/3/07
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 04:07:15 PM »
It wouldn't make sense driving out to KW if we didn't stop at Idlewild.

Shhhh. Don't rub it in. Now you have more credits than I do.

After hearing of how RolloCoaster is like BD and the park getting new flyers, I really REALLY want to go. Next year, in a Waldameer trip I suppose.  :(

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!