Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: SFNE 7/12-7/14... Our first trip here was  (Read 3113 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
SFNE 7/12-7/14... Our first trip here was
« on: July 16, 2007, 10:07:08 AM »
GREAT !!  We got to the park late on thursday as we followed the Nav. and well that took forever and then we had an issue finding the hotel. But we finally got to the park.

It was a little strange to see the parking lot on one side and the park across the street. But here we were . Parking pass
 worked just fine and went right to a spot and on the tram. BTW the tram works great here and is a HUGE help . Into the park. First stop for us was Thomas Town . This is very cute and small .  We hit thomas the tank engine first the train ride is cute . Thomas's eyes move the crane's eyes move the engineer of the train talks to the kids . Lots of fun. Off to the bus ride which is a copy of our submarine in LTSP. off to the helicopters which was a basic helicopter ride made to look like the one from thomas.

Now we had to do Superman .

About a 20min to 30 min wait with two trains running we were very excited I went to the exit to do the parent swap as my kids and hubby rode. We did the parent swap and away I went . I have to say it really is an AMAZING ride . We were very suprised to see how much better it is then the one in maryland. This is a 10 out of 10 ride.  ;D. Now for a walk through the park and rides we hit in the next two and a half days .

Pandemonium ..We did this a lot my son could ride and the kids kept doing single rider as we had to ride with my son and they were waiting for us. We really need one of these here in our park. It was lots of fun . The only issue here is it is slow on moving the line .

Flashback .. reminded me of the sidewinder at Hershey I didn't like it there and the kids didn't like it here.

Cyclone was ok but ouch it hurt me twice . Once I hit my leg getting in and then I hurt my foot .  :'( But  it was OK not a big fan of the old rough woodies.

catapult was a little weird looking at first we were not too sure but had to do it. It was really a lot of fun and we were plesently suprised by it . Good ride.
Scrambler , Time warp and NE sky way we did them all . we also enjoyed Nightwing which I couldn't do but the kids and hubby did and liked it.  We did catwomans whip and went to wiggles world which is nicer then ours . The doggie copters are really cute and their tango is in ww as captain featherswards ship . Very cute.

Mind Eraser can i erase it from my mind ... no line walk on and wow did it hurt my ears were red fro at least 30 min after that .  :'(

Batman dark night .. a ride just like medusa .

We spent most of our Friday in HH . We had a really good time there and enjoyed it alot. The wave pool is fun the water coaster was fun and we did the family slide alot. WE did do the tornado but to carry up that tube for four was very annoying. They need a better system there.

Here is a few photos of us in the park .
I have to say we will most likely make this a yearly trip now. i think i will do it on a Wed, Thursday and Friday instead of hitting the park on a saturday at all. I was impresed with the park and had  a great time.  there was only one thing we found out the hard way . we wanted to perfered parking on the day we went to HH. With three kids and towles etc. we said lets just do the PP . Well off to the PP lot and found out it was $25 bucks to park there with NO upgrade from SP parking. So we did dish it out but will NOT do that again. Also next year we may do a flash pass the prices are really not too bad. Regular FP was 75 and add the family option was 25 more. ( family option was for pandemonium , Wiggles world rides , thomas town rides and some other kiddie attractions) the gold FP was about $150 and 25 for the family option. I don't think I would add the family option as those rides weren't that crowded.

Offline njcoasterfan

Re: SFNE 7/12-7/14... Our first trip here was
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 01:38:51 PM »
Thanks for the trip report. SFNE is our home park and it's nice to get such a positive review. I agree with Catapult - it's different!

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 01:59:50 PM »
Nice trip report. I'm sorry the Cyclone bit you. It has been tempermental the past few years. They've tamed it and it's not happy.

I'm glad you tried the Catapult. It is fun! Did you try Buzzsaw?

Welcome to the Buzzsaw!
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 03:13:06 PM »
Awesome TR :)

I have to agree that Gadv needs a coaster just like Pandamonium but the capacity I guess is a bit of a concern.   I wonder if it has the same stupid height requirement like Primevil Whirl at AK?  Its insane that my son can go on Everest but not Primevil Whirl.

No Thunderbolt love?  Maybe Mind Eraser erased the ride from your memory lol

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 04:50:05 PM »
^Well they could go with a ride like Sierra Sidewinder at KBF with long trains...although I thought one of the cooler parts of Pandemonium was having a private car.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 09:31:24 PM »
Awesome TR :)

I have to agree that Gadv needs a coaster just like Pandamonium but the capacity I guess is a bit of a concern.   I wonder if it has the same stupid height requirement like Primevil Whirl at AK?  Its insane that my son can go on Everest but not Primevil Whirl.

No Thunderbolt love?  Maybe Mind Eraser erased the ride from your memory lol

Pandemonium 's height restriction is 43in to 47 in with an adult and over 47 to ride alone. I am now going to look at AK to see the differance . We are off to WDW soon. I can see what you mean about capacity it can be slow at times . It would be a gret addition to the area where freefall was . I can see maybe it as a tony hawk ride ? Hint Hint to SF !!

Yes thunderbolt all 3 times we tried to ride there was an issue so we never got to it. Once the line was huge ,once it was stuck on the lift and the last day we just missed it altogether. There is always next year.

Buzz Saw another ride to make you sick. I love the nausa feeling you get but there are only so many of these rides I can do. Other wise it will be a BAD trip :(. Mommy not happy no body is happy .

Catapult is really intresting I have to say I enjoyed it and it has a good capacity but I think it is a one of a kind thing . is it anywhere else??

Wade if the boys like Thomas this is cheaper then the trip to Lancaster PA . Just  an FYI.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 11:37:04 PM »
Catapult is really interesting I have to say I enjoyed it and it has a good capacity but I think it is a one of a kind thing . is it anywhere else??

Here you go , Thanks to Rob!

http://www.thorpepark.co.uk/explore_the_park/slammer/slammer.asp

I doubt you will ever see me on one of those any time soon. Now Buzzsaw..that's a different story. I have so much fun on them and my favorite is still @ Busch Gardens.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 12:58:26 AM »
Didn't ride the S&S tower known as Scream!, hmmm....

Catapult is my Favorite Flat rides out of all of the ones I have been on, its uniqueness is amazing but have no doubt, Break Dance is a close 2nd

B:TDK is much more boring than Medusa and found it as an Ok/Decent ride...

They got Single Rider Lines up there now? If so, How are they?
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline coastermom

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 10:09:20 AM »
We did ride scream but it was very weird everyone was talking about the girl in KK that lost her feet but everybody was still going on.  We got the tower that takes you up lets you sit there and drops you not the one that shoots you up. 

Thanks for the photos of the other Catapult. Now we could use one of those too . I bet that could chew up some lines.

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 12:28:24 PM »
^But Scream is made by a different manufacturer and that type of accident isn't possible with air powered like Scream.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 12:41:52 PM »
The average guest doesn't understand that aspect...

Offline coastermom

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 11:12:38 PM »
^But Scream is made by a different manufacturer and that type of accident isn't possible with air powered like Scream.

Yeah but it was great to listen to people talking about the accident. I felt like giving my 2 cents for what it was worth but we all know how people can be . Either they listen and understand or just think they know it all. There was one group that insisted it was the same ride even to the ride opt. They even asked if it has happend on that ride. Which I found pretty funny .