Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: PTR NYC parks 8/5/07  (Read 1029 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
PTR NYC parks 8/5/07
« on: August 06, 2007, 09:32:34 PM »
The second day of the ACE Preservation Con was held at Astroland in Coney Island.  Since we were there early, we lucked out and got on the first train of the Cyclone during ERT.

We're not fans of Cyclone at all, but we rode towards the front and it wasn't as bad as we remembered.  After getting off, the line was HUGE and they were only running one train.  We found Donna, Jan, Judy, and Ann towards the end of the line and they decided not to wait.  Instead, we all headed to the subway to visit Victorian Gardens in Central Park.

Here's the line of ACEer's waiting for Cyclone as we left on the subway:

Before getting to Victorian Gardens, we came across the Central Park Carousel.

We then arrived at Victorian Gardens and rode the Mini Mouse.  It's certainly not a cheap credit as it cost us $9.50 each($7.50 admission plus $2 for the ride).

After returning to Coney Island, we took another ride on Cyclone with a much shorter line and 2 train operation.  No air gates here!

I then had to take a ride by myself on the Breakdance which is my favorite Coney Island ride.  Forget the Cyclone, it's all about the Breakdance!  I took 2 insane rides in a row and loved it!

We then headed next door to take a ride on the Wonder Wheel at Deno's.  The swinging cars are so much fun to ride!

We passed on the Sea Serpent coaster since we had ridden on a previous visit, but the others still needed their credit.

Coney Island was jumping yesterday.  I'm sure the Brooklyn Cyclones baseball game was part of the reason, but it was just wall-to-wall people all over the place.  Both parks were doing very well yesterday!

Here's a couple of other random shots at Coney Island:

Our last stop of the day was the Adventures Family Entertainment Center in Brooklyn.  They have a new wacky worm style coaster called TL3 which just opened this year.

We weren't expecting this day to be that great since we've never been crazy about Coney Island, but it turned out to be a really fun day with good rides and good friends.

Offline coasterbruce01

• Koala Canyon
Re: PTR NYC parks 8/5/07
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 10:36:16 AM »
Great Pictures Sue! They really captured the moment. My ride on the Wonder Wheel was just as scary as the first time that I rode it. I had my hands gripping onto the screens until the ride was over.

Bruce.......................................