Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Canada's Wonderland New B&M Behemoth  (Read 30319 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: Canada's Wonderland New B&M Benemoth
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 06:50:29 PM »
I used to be excited about this ride

Stay home. :P

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 09:02:06 PM »
And if you DO go, be sure you have the necessary documents to get back in the mother country....

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 10:39:15 PM »
Dont ask why I know this but a DUI/DWI in Canada will go against your NY Drivers license since Buffalo is so close to Canada...

Benemoth is around the Toronto Area no?
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 10:42:49 PM »
Yes, it is very close to Toronto. . .

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 09:04:37 PM »
Testing video'
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=I0EbJOzATPk&fmt=18
Behemoth looks great. It also travels through the course alot faster than I imagined it to.

Cool pic of the trains
http://i31.tinypic.com/1267hiw.jpg

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »
Well, you can see the trim brakes are working just fine.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 06:10:48 PM »
Yep.

Nitro, it ain't.

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 12:37:06 AM »

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 01:07:14 AM »
Well, you can see the trim brakes are working just fine.

I can't watch the videos here at work, I will check them out when I get home, BUT if you can tell that the trims are working fine just by a video... that makes me even more dissapointed in this ride. Why build it if you need to add brakes to it?!?! I just don't get it. B&M seems to be good at over designing their rides, so why the need for adjustment?

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 03:02:05 AM »
OK, now that I watched the video... it doesn't look as if the brakes slow it down too much, but still seem pretty pointless to me. I'm also hoping they can keep the mid course brake that "loose" for when it finally opens.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2008, 10:07:10 PM »
Looks like it could still be great. I wonder if B&M's thinking on the trims is to design the hills so that the train should be able to crest them at a high speed no matter how slow it's running at any given time (due to weather and break-in for the day/season) and use the trims (which are speed activated) to bring the train down to their ideal design speed. In other words, the trims will always bring the train down to say 25mph no matter if it is running 25 or 30mph at that moment, where as previous rides seemed to be designed around their most common operating speed and hence the huge variance in ride intensity from day to day. B&M seem to be all about getting rid of any hint of wooden coaster traits from their rides if you know what I mean. No designers are more of control freaks than they are.

Just a thought from an enthusiast with an engineering degree. I will groan every time I hear a trim regardless, but as long as all the hills deliver like Nitro and Goliath Over Georgia, it will be great.

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2008, 10:52:51 PM »
Check out this news clip:
http://watch.ctv.ca/news/top-picks/behemoth/#clip48428
Idk if it's just me, but from the helicopter views, Behemoth kind of resembles Goliath at SFMM with the new style trains and the helix after the MCBR.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2008, 11:18:38 PM »
It looks like a mix of every other B&M hyper out there. Should be fun if I every get a passport.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2008, 06:13:59 PM »
That Hammerhead looks awesome!
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2008, 04:27:52 PM »
How about they build one of these in Mississippi?

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2008, 06:47:14 PM »
It's been a while since we've been to Canada's Wonderland so we're really looking forward to going back this year.  We're planning to go to the WNYCC event there on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend.  ERT on Behemoth!!!  :)

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2012, 09:47:31 PM »
Just found this thread.

Behemoth just obtained enough riders to be considered in coasterbuzz top 100. Not trying to be mr super homer but its sitting in the 7th spot. 1 ahead of phoenix. Now I know rankings are rankings but it does prove that there are people out there that think this ride is as great as I do. Everyone I met at HWN's and PPP when it came up all raved about it. It has the highest score of any BM. The others.. Diamondback #10, Intimidator #11, Nitro #12, Goliath #14, and Apollo #15. Bringing up the rear is Bull #39 and Quebec Goliath (not enough votes) I don't for a second think it's better than all the rest, but i'm glad to see its in the conversation.

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2012, 11:05:21 PM »
Just found this thread.

Behemoth just obtained enough riders to be considered in coasterbuzz top 100. Not trying to be mr super homer but its sitting in the 7th spot. 1 ahead of phoenix. Now I know rankings are rankings but it does prove that there are people out there that think this ride is as great as I do. Everyone I met at HWN's and PPP when it came up all raved about it. It has the highest score of any BM. The others.. Diamondback #10, Intimidator #11, Nitro #12, Goliath #14, and Apollo #15. Bringing up the rear is Bull #39 and Quebec Goliath (not enough votes) I don't for a second think it's better than all the rest, but i'm glad to see its in the conversation.

Intimidator at carowinds being rated higher than nitro is a Joke. Thats by far the worse of the new B&M hypers.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »
I have seen people rave about i232, Raging Bull, and Canadialiath. The odd thing is most people rate one or two of those three ahead of Nitro and Apollo's, and even Behemoth. Some enthusiasts jsu have weird tastes when it comes to hypers.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 09:36:49 AM »
Coasterbuzzers have horrible opinions. ;)

No B&M is even in the same league as Phoenix.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 09:41:17 AM »
I take it they have millennium force, i305, bizarro ne, and el toro in the top 5. Usually when polls have a lean like that there's a total bias towards select manufacturers, even if the rides aren't that great.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »
Yeah all of those get high rankings. Anything Intamin, B&M or GCI tends to please the buzzers. They are also very biased toward anything at Cedar Point because the website is an off-shoot of PointBuzz and brought over a lot of the same members originally. And Jeff Putz (the webmaster) is a total Cedar Point fanboy.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »
So I guess the CGA woodie and White Lightning are really getting them going. Really don't like the bias towards the big 2 for steels, it's like anything else that is made should be melted in for scrap to them.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 11:15:03 PM »
Yeah all of those get high rankings. Anything Intamin, B&M or GCI tends to please the buzzers. They are also very biased toward anything at Cedar Point because the website is an off-shoot of PointBuzz and brought over a lot of the same members originally. And Jeff Putz (the webmaster) is a total Cedar Point fanboy.

To be fair Voyage is number 1 on this list. GCI is not overly well represented. Thunderhead is around 8th, American Thunder #20 and Lightning Racer is in the 30's. There are alot of B&M's but they are all 7th or lower.

These rankings are much like all ranking boards just shuffled around here and there. Voyage and Toro are 1 and 2, MF and Bizz are both top 5. Boulder dash is top 5. I take rankings with a grain of salt but they are deffinatly a good reference. 

Points Coasters are all about where you would expect them. MF is way high, but its top 5 on all lists.

Strangely I305 is way down. Like 20+

Obviously No B&M's touch Phoenix. Ohh except Behemoth which is ranked higher ;) So it must be a fact.

Wood and Steel should always be separate.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2012, 11:22:27 PM »

Wood and Steel should always be separate.

This. It's hard enough trying to explain that type of philosophy to a community who's been using a simplistic top 10 for 5 years now (CoasterForce). I still use it and still reference it a lot even when I get questioned about it.