Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Darrien Lake. P:TR  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Darrien Lake. P:TR
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:37:37 AM »
Check out my new logo! Sorry we are not affiliated anymore with SFI so your pass won't  work here anymore. Please pay 7 parking and 34.99 to ride.

I was warned about this ride so I rode it first, It looks pretty but I didn't enjoy any part of the ride. This is now my #1 hated ride ever rode.

The next ride is so close we went there next.

I would final get my 3rd superman credit. Oh wait that's not true.

It's called Ride of Steel now, silly me.

Shots from the Ferris wheel

Mind Eraser

Closed boomerang

Viper

Water park

Another missed credit. Didn't matter if you had a kid or not.

A credit I have , but couldn't ride it either today.

Viper was rather smooth, plus it had $4.00 mini golf underneath it

You've ridden one you've ridden them all at this point.  I've been on worst I guess.

I have other pictures but that's pretty much all i did. Superman was a walk on, so we rode about 8 times. Some rides on it were pretty soild. Other times...the trains were crawling over the hills and just didn't seem to go that fast. I like the water near the track and the reverse layout , but i think SFA has the better of the two.  Predator was horrible, Mind Eraser average, Viper was good. Boomerang  I'm kind of glad it was down. Mind teaser , well unless I shrink 3ft I'm never going to get on.  Unless DL plans to build something soon, I won't be returning anytime soon.  I can see why SFI got rid of it.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
Re: Darrien Lake. P:TR
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 04:56:40 AM »
Looks like another beautiful sunny day in Western NY!!!!!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 08:23:39 AM »
They don't let you use SF passes there this year?  I was thinking they did, but I guess it's just the other way around(if you bought the pass there you could use it at SF parks)?

I don't suppose they had the mister going at the bottom of the first drop on Ride of Steel?  They had that the first time we rode and it was really neat not even being able to see the bottom of the drop.  I don't think they do that any more though.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 09:45:44 AM »
^ The women at both gates (Parking & Entrance ) seemed to have no clue Six Flags even owned them at one point. Or they were very good actors and played dumb.  And no, there was no mist what so ever.

Peter, I'm just glad the rain stopped. We all know it's better that way anyway ..less people.