Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Fright Fest 2007  (Read 4775 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Fright Fest 2007
« on: September 04, 2007, 06:41:04 PM »
It's thrills by day and chills by night as Six Flags Great Adventure is transformed during Fright Fest.  Bring the entire family to enjoy this annual festival, weekends, October 6-28.
It's spooky fun for everyone:

Kids can trick-or-treat from noon to 5:30 p.m. and receive a treat from their favorite Looney Tunes pals

See Professor Slither's Creepy Critters Show as he and his ghoulish gang conjure up bats, rats, snakes, spiders and more

Children 12 and under can show off their Halloween finest in the Kids' Costume Parade

As night falls, check out the new Movietown Cemetery Statue Garden where statues come to life, or beautiful Zambora who transforms into a gorilla beast

Dare to enter our FIVE Haunted Trails

Hopefully we'll have the full details soon  ;D

Offline samara

Re: Fright Fest 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 11:54:04 AM »
Straight from the six flags great adventure website:
Step inside, and you and three friends will step to the front of the line.  You'll also get a limited-edition T-shirts to commomorate your bravery.  But be warned.  We don't call it the Coffin of Fear for nothing.

i'm excited and scared at the same time. aah! lol. =P

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »
I'm not sure I could even watch yet alone try doing something like that LOL  Hopefully the media doesn't blow this stuff out of proportion like last season.

Thanks for bringing this thread back up samara.  It reminded me to make mention of the 5th annual blood drive. 

The Blood Drive runs from 8:30AM - 2:30PM on October 6th.  By giving blood you get into the park for free that day!  Of course, this isn't all that exciting for Season Pass holders but still give blood if you can :)

Reminder:  You must by 17 or older, weigh at least 110lbs and be in good health.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 02:35:04 PM »
Im imagining the "Coffin of Fear" being something like Fear Factor where you get thrown in with worms, snakes, etc.

Thats good to know that they're running a blood drive, thats a good deal
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline Majortom1981

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 03:10:14 PM »
what is the prize for doing the coffin ? I used to work in a funeral palor and have been in one and I have been in 3 comas so the worms or what ever are nothing. If its exit passes or something maybe i will be a good samaritin and get them and hand them out to little kids . lol

Offline samara

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 04:11:42 PM »
you can get a limited edition tshirt.. and i think also 3 friends get it too.
but i'm not sure if there is a catch, because it says that you must stay in the coffin for atleast 1 minute to win a prize. i dont know if that means something like.. you need to say in there for 5 to get the shirt. you know what i mean?

Offline Majortom1981

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 04:45:07 PM »
If its a tshirt its not worth it. Getting bit by worms and things is not worth a t-shirt. Lol

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 06:42:19 PM »
Probably A "I Survived ______" Shirt
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline samara

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 06:48:13 PM »
i'm thinking about trying it. i don't know how i feel about eating something, but i MIGHT POSSIBLY try the coffin of fear. apprantly you don't get any kind of prize except cutting the line when you eat something. but with the coffin of fear you cut the line AND get something. XD

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 09:02:10 AM »
This will be most interesting to watch LOL! I couldn't stomach anything from Wheel Of Fright. The Coffin of Fear doesn't seem so bad though. Lot's of shows this year too which, is a good thing for my family. :)

Offline samara

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 07:21:38 PM »
yes but how is the crowd going to be?
i really hope it isn't that bad.
every year i've seen a 4 hour wait for the hayrides..

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 09:57:52 PM »
yes but how is the crowd going to be?
i really hope it isn't that bad.
every year i've seen a 4 hour wait for the hayrides..

It always tends to be the most crowded time of the year. For some reason even the past two weekends have been more crowded then some days in the summer. I think it has to do with the fact that there really isn't much else to do with the kids . Our pools are closed ,the beach is too cold and with a season pass it is a good day trip to keep them busy.

Offline samara

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 01:11:33 AM »
is there any other kind of updates or clarifications that anyone is aware of about fright fest?
sorry guys i'm just excited about it =D

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 01:17:50 AM »
Alot more theming is up for Fright Fest, it looks just like last years. But I may be wrong...

Offline Desiree81

• Desiree's Myspace
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 02:06:55 PM »
I'm pretty excited to go to Fright Fest again this year, no matter what they do or don't have. It's still enjoyable. I'm looking forward to seeing my favorite Ghoul in the park, The GhoulMaster (the dude who looks like a cross between Marilyn Manson and Willy Wonka) :P and the Dead Man's Party show! Not to forget any of the other ghouls either, because all of them are awesome!    ;D

Does anybody know about coupons that any fast food or Wawa has? I have 4 coke cans with the BOGO Free deal to use on Sunday the 7th, but I'll need more coupons for later on in October.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 10:03:17 PM »
We are off to FF this weekend and will see how long the big chicken in me can stay after dark . :( I don't really like FF .

Offline samara

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 01:52:00 AM »
well, i went to fright fest saturday the 6th for a little while and i thought it was amazing. maybe it was just because i was excited to be there.
i didn't exaclty do rides, but i went on Elvira's Superstition which i think is always fun, and then tried to watch the Awakening but i got there 10 after 6 so didn't have such a great view. then i saw Dead Man's Party which is always great in my opinion, and got my 2008 season pass!
it seemed like a great day to me for just staying there about 3 or 4 hours. =]

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 03:03:51 PM »
Great to hear you had a good time. I can't wait for the Friday nights.

How long did you stay coastermom. 
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline coastermom

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 03:09:16 PM »
Enjoy my TR with photos ... I made it through the night though !! :)