Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: PTR World's Fair Park 9/22/07  (Read 869 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
PTR World's Fair Park 9/22/07
« on: September 27, 2007, 06:46:12 PM »
Our first plan for this day was to visit Ghost Town in the Sky.  That was out the window when we learned their Cliffhanger coaster wouldn't operate this year.  The next plan was Carowinds.  However, that was also out the window when we learned that Top Gun(what we consider the only worthwhile coaster there) was closed for the weekend.  What we finally decided upon was to visit World's Fair Park in Knoxville, TN.  I was there 25 years ago as a child during the World's Fair so it was neat to revisit the area.

We had no idea what we were in for when we decided to visit Knoxville on Saturday.  It turns out that there was a University of TN football game that day which made finding a parking space a nightmare.  Although it wasn't intentional, I fit in quite well wearing my orange t-shirt since everyone in the city that day was wearing orange.

The first thing we did was go up to the observation level in the Sunsphere tower.  After that we just walked around the park for a while before calling it a day.

The pictures from the Sunsphere came out lousy due to the tinting on the windows:

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: PTR World's Fair Park 9/22/07
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 08:18:22 PM »
I like seeing places in the U.S. that I haven't been to yet so thanks for another Ptr. The Sunsphere looks like it belongs in Vegas.