Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: PTR: Dorney Park, Taking my sister for her 12th birthday  (Read 1004 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
PTR: Dorney Park, Taking my sister for her 12th birthday
« on: September 29, 2007, 09:59:35 AM »
Ride List:
Talon 4x
Hyrda 2x
Dominator 3x
Lser 2x
Steel Force 1x
Apollo 2000 1x

Quote of the day:
Savannah: "So how long before Six Flags buys this park and ruins it?"

So, my sister is turning 12 next week, so last night my mom dropped me and Savannah off at Dorney Park. It took as an hour longer to get there do the traffic, and almost everything in the world was trying to not let us get there, but we did. But, me getting there in the daylight to take pictures and videos, was not happening. We went to Guest Services and got our free tickets from Eastcoaster and headed in.

We went straight to Talon and sat in the last row. We waited one train, and I totally forgot how smooth this coaster is, it's incredible. After that we headed over to Hydra. I must admit, I've only been to Hershey 5 times now. My last visit was in 05, when Hydra opened. And I'm still not used to not seeing Hercules when I was around the park. Hercules was one of my favorite coasters when I was in Jr High, and I miss walking on the lower midway and seeing this monster of a wooden coaster on the hill side! Anyway, we went on the last row of Hydra, and thought it was okay.

After Hydra we went over to Dominator. We chose to do the Turbo Drop side first. We've both ridden this before we don't remember it being this intense of a drop. We both had our arms and legs out, and when it dropped, we both screamed really loud, I don't remember this at all! After that, we did the Space Shot side, which had nice airtime, but no where as intense as the Turbo Drop side! After this, we went over to Laser. So, I was in Shwartzcopf heavan...but what the hell is up with the seat belts? They served no purpose! It was perfectly intense! Laser is still my favorite coaster here!

We then went over to Steel Force where we sat in the back. It was fun. The lap bar wasn't touching either one of us. But it was nothing like my sister's lapbar her first ride in 2005. But we had a nice night ride. There's alot of ejector, but for some reason, I just don't care for this ride. After that, we found out Thunderhawk was closed, so I took an other spin on Laser while Savannah filmed. Next we did Dominator Turbo Drop again, still awesome!

I then convinced my sister to ride Apollo 2000. She doesn't do spinning rides much anymore, but she did it now. And liked it. We ended up talking to the operator about Geauga Lake, which was pretty funny. After that, we wondered around and took a front row ride on Hydra. Jesus Christ this hurt so bad. My head and face was in pain. I don't remember B&M's being so rough, it was truelly terrible. On the brighter side, the Jo-Jo roll was awesome in the front. After that we were going to do Doctor Doom 3D. But Savannah saw the sign that said strobes, so she decided it was in her best interest not to go in. So instead we marathond on Talon a couple of times before we decided to leave.

Overall, it was a nice visit. I really don't like the Cedar Fair Empire, and I left the park feeling kind of meh. But it was a nice visit. And I just wished that my camera decided to work while we were at the park, and not walking out. Ugh. So, yeah. We had a nice time just the two of us, and we will be going back for Voodoo.

Photos

So, we are here for Holloweekends

As Savannah now represents. This was my birthday gift to her. So wish her a Happy 12th Birthday.

We hit up Talon first. As you can see, the lines were absolutely terrible. And this trend lasted our whole visit!

Dominator is 180ft tall, and alot more intense then I rememberd!

Voodoo will be built where the Skyscraper was.

So...here's where it will be, there are some landmarkers.

I'm just happy they aren't removing Laser for this!

Savannah likes to film with my camera. So I let her.

Oh yes, my love. My first Shwartzcopf looper, Laser.

Okay, so maybe that previous caption makes me a loser! Like I really care!

Me so happy on my Loser...errr...Laser!

The walk to Steel Force was like this!

As Savannah shows.

Hercules, how I miss thou!

Here's how a Floorless coaster works.

Floor goes down.

Floor sperated

Gates open

Dispatch

And get ready to be Jo-Joed.

Spend a few more rides on Talon.

The lights and atmosphere around Talon made it look beautiful, expecially with the clear sky, and the moon. But no camera of mine would ever capture it!

So, if this was SFGAv, it would be packed person to person!

I guess this was doing it's job tonight!

Savannah's initial opinion on her Birthday Gift.

I'll finish this with a photo of us two!

-Dainan "Now for SFGAv today!" Rafferrty

Coaster Count: 255