Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: PTR: 2 Picture Perfect weekends !  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
PTR: 2 Picture Perfect weekends !
« on: October 29, 2007, 10:28:40 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Enjoy the PTR!

First stop in the park, we say "good bye"  to Batman and Robin the Chiller....

Is that the back of a Rock Bottom sign ? No..it's the tea cup sign and the final ride of the season. :(

After our broken non spinning tea cup,  it was off to Professor Slither's creppy critters.
It's was a show filled with one liners and mostly small reptiles.

Up next was the dolphin show. This would be our third time in two weeks.
First the day show....  It was a pirate themed show as the crew was in search of Dolphin Island.

Followed by the night show just three hours later.

^Same show,  different spin and a lot funnier.  In fact, this could have been easily the funniest show ever at Six Flags!

After that we headed to see Hypnosteria.

^I took this picture just in case it falls down without us looking.

Inside, it was the same show as last year. I'm still not convinced they were all in a deep sleep or just faking it. I think maybe the two guys were under, but everyone else not so much!
Here's a shot of the dance competition!

This show ended 12 minutes before the Winn Circus started. Unfortunately, it was all the way over in the.....

Yeah, we fought the crowds over and even had time to see this :o

I guess they figured they could reduce some lines in the park by having it open?  I was more shocked that people were actually riding it on such a cold day.

Ok, so back to the circus which was on the boardwalk last year. Remember? You've seen this already....

Not sure what this guy was doing the whole show, but I guess he was entertaining someone.

On our way back to the best show ever Dead Man's Party, we ran into Peter!  Hi Peter! 

Again, Fright Fest wouldn't be Fright Fest without Dead Man's Party!  So, on with the pictures...

Does she look Familiar....?  8) Ka shoot!   No, it's not Angel, she was in the production box. I wonder who showed up so she didn't have to dance?

Ballroom Blitz

Did I mention how awesome this show is?

Ok, last one....

We went over to the Cemetery Statue Garden and ran into Ivy Man as Hannah likes to call it.

The garden party was to start at 5:45 but it never really did. There was one statue all alone at 5:30, but then he disappeared.  I wonder why the rest of the show never started?
Anyway here he is......

After this show, the sun went down and the parade started.  My camera ran out of batteries. :( Yes all three sets. We watched the parade go by, which was cool, but too short.  We then skipped the main stage festivities and grabbed a funnel cake right before the Night of Shadows in the batman arena. The line for funnel cake was 15 deep. Not as bad as Nitro which stretched around the security booth and went up near top glo :o !

Night of Shadows had great moments and not so great! We ended up bailing close to the end due to cold feet and noses. Plus the smell of lighter fluid and black smoke wasn't that pleasant either. I really think they should have saved that Puff the Magic Dragon song till last!

Fright Fest was great this year in my mind! The only thing my daughter really missed was the sleeping monster which they stuck in the Terror Trail this year. Other than that... I can't complain.

Till next year, 5....4....3........GOODBYE!

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Re: PTR: 2 Picture Perfect weekends !
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 10:40:59 PM »
wow they really have chiller almost all gone already It really is amazing to see it almost 100% gone already when just last week the top of batman was still there. It will be missed .

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 08:04:12 AM »
Bubba.  Great pictures.  Great to see you .

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 08:11:02 AM »
Fright Fest was great this year in my mind!

Wow, that's gotta be a dark and scary place.
I wish I could have gone to the last day Bubba. I feel better now. Scrareworld was awesome!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 08:51:00 AM by darkridedan »
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 11:16:26 AM »
Peter it was nice seeing you as well.   

Sure, Dan. I bet you were saving you're money for Scareworld.  See... I told you that place is awesome! 

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 05:21:23 PM »
Great photos! That last picture made me sad though =( :'(