Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Knott's Winter Coaster Solace - March 11th, 2006  (Read 3011 times)

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
Knott's Winter Coaster Solace - March 11th, 2006
« on: January 06, 2006, 09:36:02 AM »
http://www.knotts.com/park/calendar/index.asp

March 11, 2006
Calling all Coaster Enthusiasts! Plan for a coaster filled day including E.R.T. on our most popular rides, Mrs. Knott's Chicken Lunch, Thrill Seeker's Raffle, plus a commemorative T-shirt.

The actual details (ERT, Hotel packages, Fridy night Reception) have not been posted yet. I know a few people here have said they were going. We are about 95% for sure going, just awaiting the final schedule to be sure.

Also the West Coast Bash at SFMM is the day after. The details of that event are still not posted either.

What we have always found to be the easiest thing is to get a hotel near Knott's for Friday night, get up WAY too early for Solace. Most of the Solace people usually leave the park during the day because it can get busy. They will usually go to DLR or other local parks.

The evening ERT is usually good and lasts until midnight. Most people don't stay that long.

The best thing to do is to book a different hotel near SFMM as it is about 75 miles between the two parks. This helps you avoid having to make that trek at 6am with little to no sleep the night before.

West Coast Bash is a great event in itself, and was actually better than Solace last year.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 10:05:40 AM »
Also, for those of you planning on hitting Disneyland they are having some deals right now.

2fer (Visit Disneyland one day, DCA the next) - $59
This is for SoCal residents only, but if anybody wanted to take advantage of this and trusted me with their $$ I'd be more than happy to get the tickets for you and send them your way before Solace. Once you have the tickets they don't care how you got them.

The draw-back is this doesn't allow park hopping on the same day.

2-day Park Hopper - $79
Also a SoCal thing only. Same situation as above would apply. But this would allow you to park hop between Disneyland and DCA on the same day.

2-day Park Hopper (Non SoCal) - $119
As you can see, getting someone from SoCal to buy your ticket pays off BIG TIME.

3-day advance purchase (internet) Park Hopper - $119
A non-SoCal thing. Purchase your tickets online and get 3 days at DL and DCA.

I've also seen non SoCal people being able to go to the park and get somebody to get their SoCal tickets for them. Most people are really cool when it comes to things like that.

I've also known people to get the SoCal prices and the ticket booth CM's won't ask for ID.

And for a third option, SoCal Vons stores will more than likely have the 2fer and parkhopper deals in store. I will check when I go next. They never check for ID on things like that. You would just have to find a Vons near your hotel before you go to the park.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 10:56:27 AM »
That's all great information Gregg.  Thanks!

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 11:08:55 AM »
Just got confirmation that SoCal Vons stores do have the 2fer. Not sure about the parkhopper yet. It may take a few days since the deal only started a couple of days ago.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 11:56:03 AM »
Awesome, I am heading to Solace this year and on Thursday and Friday were heading to DL and DCA.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 12:44:46 PM »
Chuck and myself are heading that way for Solace... I just might take you up on the Disney hopper deal... just PM later with an address to send a check to and who to write it out to.

We are most likely staying at the Knotts hotel the entire time... We are doing Disney parks Thursday and Friday, Reception at Knotts Friday night, Solace Saturday with Adventure City and maybe Scandia in the middle and then Solace at night again, then SFMM Sunday. Thanks for the info Greg. I've been checking the Knotts site everyday waiting for them to post more info!

Rob

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 01:45:56 PM »
^ That's what I figured most people will be doing.

I don't think we will be doing the hotel deal unless they have a good AP deal for it. We will most likely come down Friday night, hang at Disney for awhile then be there for Saturday morning ERT, lunch then go hit Adventure City, Scandia and Castle. We are from CA and still haven't hit those parks. LOL!!!

Not sure if we will be doing the Saturday night ERT. It's REALLY hard to stay up that late then make the trek to SFMM on Sunday morning. Depends on how much riding we get in during the day.
- Gregg

See my photo album here: