Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: NJ Native Dragged Into Spitzer Mess  (Read 878 times)

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
NJ Native Dragged Into Spitzer Mess
« on: March 12, 2008, 11:09:15 PM »
Meet 'Kristen': Woman At Center Of Spitzer Mess
N.J. Native Doesn't Want To Be Known As 'Monster'

Reporting
Lou Young
NEW YORK (CBS) ― CBS 2 HD has gotten its first look at the woman at the center of Gov. Eliot Spitzer's downfall.

A published report that hit the Internet earlier Wednesday evening says the call girl "Kristen" is really a 22-year-old aspiring musician now living in Manhattan.

The New York Times' Web site identifies Spitzer's mystery call girl as Ashley Alexandra Dupre, who has reportedly been holed up in her Manhattan apartment for most of the past week anticipating the storm that was about to break, although she did appear in federal court Monday in connection with the prostitution case that is at the core of this scandal.

Don D. Buchwald, a New York lawyer, confirmed to The Associated Press that he represents Ashley Alexandra Dupre, the same woman in the Times story.

"That's as far as I can go," he said.

In snippets of interviews with the Times she reportedly said, "This has been a very difficult time, it's complicated" and "I don't want to be thought of as a monster."

She declined to comment on how long she'd been working for Emporer's Club VIP or how many times she had met Gov. Spitzer.

She is only four years older than Spitzer's eldest daughter.

The former Ashley Youmans of Belmar, N.J., tells a story on her MySpace page of a broken home. She says she left five years ago at the age of 17 and became interested in music ? hip-hop and the blues.

"I have been alone. I have abused drugs. I have been broke and homeless. But, I survived, on my own. I am here, in NY because of my music," she wrote.

A man who answered the phone at the home of the woman's mother in New Jersey and identified himself as Dupre's brother, Kyle, told the AP he did not know why Dupre would agree to be interviewed about the scandal.

"I've talked to my sister every five minutes since this happened, and I'm not going to comment on it," he said. "She's just trying to get through this."

In an Aug. 30 blog posting on MySpace, she writes: "The past few months have been a roller coaster with so called friends, lovers, and family ... but its something you have to deal with and confront in order to move on ..."

"What destroys me strengthens me" is the slogan next to a Dupre photograph. The photos show her at various places, including in a bikini on a boat in a tropical locale. The number of hits to the page soared by the tens of thousands after the story broke.

Dupre describes her favorite musical artists as Etta James, Aretha Franklin, Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera and Frank Sinatra, among many others.

Her Web site boasts a recording of a song, "What We Want." "I know what you want, you got what I want. I know what you need. Can you handle me?" she sings.

(? 2008 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]