Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Harbingers and Notes from SFOG  (Read 1579 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Harbingers and Notes from SFOG
« on: March 31, 2008, 03:46:48 PM »
From a recent visit to Six Flags Over Georgia, some notes and worries:

* There is almost NO live entertainment now. . .two DVD shows in the Drive In Theater...so I went to the SFGAd website and found that Temple of the Tiger is now a DVD presentation.  Sigh.

* Food prices are as high as ever, or more so, but it's odd...prices are no longer uniform throughout the park, with differences between leased and corporate locations.  Example, a pulled pork sandwich by Goliath is $8.99 but comes with fries....back by GASM at a corporate location, the sandwich is $8.99 and comes with....a pickle.  Honest.  I can't make this stuff up.

* The dollar for 120 minute lockers have been installed at most rides, along with signs saying security has been instructed to remove anything left in the station and dispose of it immediately.  I can hardly wait until the first diamond ring is disposed of.  Can you say lawsuit?

* Mindbender, one of the best rides in the park, is now SCHEDULED to not open until noon.  Sigh.

* According to Six Flags Over Georgia staff, parking passes this year are good ONLY at the park where purchased.  How nice.  I don't remember being told that when other parks were selling them...saying they good at all US Six Flags parks....

* There was a lot of grumbling about the mandatory lockers.  The line at Guest Relations was long and constant.

That all being said, the park looked better than it has for many years.  Monster Plantation is still there and running.  All the coasters operated, most with all the trains (Georgia Cyclone was having issues with its red train, which was quickly removed...)

Saturday's a comin'! :)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: Harbingers and Notes from SFOG
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 06:20:32 PM »
 Mindbender, one of the best rides in the park, is now SCHEDULED to not open until noon.  Sigh.

It opened Sunday with the park at 10:30. The third Loop was amazing!

* According to Six Flags Over Georgia staff, parking passes this year are good ONLY at the park where purchased.  How nice.  I don't remember being told that when other parks were selling them...saying they good at all US Six Flags parks....

Av Matt used his parking pass three times. His pass is from St.Louis and it worked at both parking lots without any problems.

That all being said, the park looked better than it has for many years.  Monster Plantation is still there and running.  All the coasters operated, most with all the trains (Georgia Cyclone was having issues with its red train, which was quickly removed...)

It was my first time at the park and did look great!  Cyclone was running amazing in the rain @10:30.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:24:23 PM by Bubba Z »

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Re: Harbingers and Notes from SFOG
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 06:23:45 PM »
I'm glad to hear that the parking pass worked!

The Georgia Cyclone is an amazing ride! :)