Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 4/26 Trip Report  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
4/26 Trip Report
« on: April 27, 2008, 12:13:56 AM »
I went to the park today for a night visit. I got there at about 4 and stayed until closing. When I first got there, the park was packed! I walked over to El Toro first and found every switchback filled. I decided to pass on El Toro for now. I also noticed that Rolling Thunder had about 3 switchbacks full at the bottom of the stairs. Rolling Thunder was only running the right side, but had the blue train testing on the left.

Next, I went to go check out Medusa's line. Another packed queue, so I passed. Thinking that I wasn't going to get on much today, I went over to GASM. On the way over, I noticed that the Log Flume was open. GASM was running 3 trains and was a walk on, and rallied that 4 times. After GASM, I went over to Nitro. The line went down the stairs and 3 trains were running, so I got on within 5 minutes.

After Nitro I went over to Batman, which was a walk on. Both trains were running and I got 2 rides in the front. Before heading to the other side of the park again, I took a quick ride on Skull Mountain, which was a walk on. After Skull Mountain I went over to Kingda Ka. 4 trains were running and I got on within 20 minutes.

Now that the park seemed to be clearing out, and it was about 6:30 or 7, I went back over to El Toro. Only one set of switchbacks were full- only about a 15 minute wait. El Toro was moving much faster than it was on opening weekend. On opening weekend, the trains were crawling over the Rolling Thunder crossover, but now, they were charging over the hill like normal. The twister section was intense tonight and the two small hills afterward had some nice airtime.

After El Toro, I went over to Medusa again, which was running 3 trains and was now a walk on. Medusa was kicking butt tonight! It was faster and smoother than ever. On my way back to Nitro I stopped to get a pretzel at a refreshment stand right passed the log flume. Since it was towards the end of the night and the guy had a lot of pretzels left, he gave me one for free. sweet!

Back at Nitro (now a walk on) I got 3 more rides in. Maybe it was just a little foggy or something, but I never noticed how spooky Nitro is in the dark. After I got two more rides on Batman, which were intense as usual. I walked back over to the other side of the park to end the night. I got one ride on Rolling Thunder, which was insane. I never felt it go faster, especially on the last turn before the brakes.

Finally, I finished the night off at El Toro, which was a walk on into the station. I got in 5 more rides before the park closed, ending on the last train of the night.

Overall, I had a great time tonight. At first I thought I wasn't going to get on anything because it was so packed, but the park thankfully cleared out. Sorry I have no pictures today. Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:15:07 AM by Millennium Force 44 »

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Re: 4/26 Trip Report
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 04:18:28 PM »
Sounds like you had a blast! Night visits are where you rack up all the rides at night. How does the Dark Knight look?

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 04:30:25 PM »
Yea last night was awesome. The Dark Knight is looking good. They are probably finished with the trackwork by now. The outside of the pre-show area looks really cool.

I forgot to mention in my trip report that GASM was intense last night. They weren't using the trims, so the second and third loops were nuts. In the front of the train you flew into the brake run and got some painful, but still fun, lateral air.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 06:50:21 PM »
Wow, sounds like you had an excellent night at the park!  Maybe we should try going at night sometime.  We usually just go in the mornings and leave once it starts to get busy.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 08:04:13 PM »
We went Friday and the park was packed all day . We didn't do saturday as we knew the Girl scouts and boy scouts were there . Glad to hear Kk was running 4 trains as we were there Friday it went down and they had a crane out by the return track looking at the breaks over there . I thought the flume wasnt going to open till the end of May ? That is weird . Glad you had fun .

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 09:26:44 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback guys and thanks for reading. Yea I'm glad I ended up going eventhough i couldn't find anyone to go with.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 11:55:42 PM »
They decided on Saturday to open it for the season.  Early present!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 07:28:00 AM »
Rj.  Did the log flume open on Friday or Saturday?

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 09:27:01 AM »
Maybe it was Friday.  I had that mid-summer "What day is this?" thing going on for a bit.  I'm thinking Saturday cause I didn't feel like complete crap, but still felt a little crappy on account of my cold.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel