Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Cameras & Video Talk  (Read 949 times)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Cameras & Video Talk
« on: May 17, 2008, 10:41:02 AM »
I started this thread since we all have camers and all take phtos of Coasters and each other  ;) LOL

I love the best High Quality out there that can be had and Smugmug has just went from being the best photo site on the web to being the best VIDEO and Photo site with the highest Quality.

OK this is great news

www.SMUGMUG.com  (the best photo site out there) now offers TRUE High Definition video support at 1280?720p yes P in H.264.
this is great since DIVX closed down Stage6 earlier this year and there was really no other site that supports High Def. videos.

You tube makes me want to puke but they did raise the resolution viewing a bit but you need to turn it on in you settings (Dainans Six Flags tour video looked good) and only looks as good as the uploaded videos resolution.

take a look here for more info for those that use smugmug  I myself use it and I know Dan and a few others.
SO upload those awesome High quality videos.

take a look below

http://blogs.smugmug.com/don/2008/04/25/i-demand-video-to-be-awesome/

example of the awesome quality

http://cmac.smugmug.com/gallery/2504559_f3ta9/3/#285017583_rtqqj-XL-LB

So let me see some high qulaity videos from our members. I myself will get some up intime and post here.

Here?s all the gory details:

* Upload almost any video format you like. We?ll do our best to convert to H.264 in an extremely high quality way. (Thanks EC2!)
    * We?ll generate multiple sizes for you, so you?ll have a version that?s perfect for sharing on the web (YouTube size), perfect for using on your iPod/iPhone (DVD size), and even your Hi-Def TV in your living room.
    * We?ll automagically display just the right sized video for whichever browser and monitor you happen to be using. Ditto for your friends. Example from my friends in Dallas hard at work on Duke Nukem.
    * You can embed the videos in your blog, website, or wherever else you like online. And you can do so at DVD quality resolution - 640?480 - more than 4X the pixels and quality of YouTube.
    * You (and your friends and family, if you let them) can easily download all the different sized versions of your videos so you can do whatever else you?d like with them, like add them to YouTube or burn to a DVD.
    * H.264 means it?ll play on a huge, wide variety of computers and devices, not just SmugMug. iPods, AppleTV, Playstation 3, and the list goes on?
    * Speaking of Apple devices, we provide a complete podcast RSS feed for your account that you and your friends can subscribe to with a single click in iTunes. All your iPods, iPhones, and AppleTVs will then magically stay up-to-date. All your online videos in your pocket, and your living room, all the time. Neat, eh?
    * I?m thrilled we?re making good use of the OpenShareIcon project, too. Rather than use some trademark-encumbered, company-owned, non-open ShareIcon, we?ve chosen to use the real deal. Viva open web standards!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 11:12:46 AM by PcMan »
Yo

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: Cameras & Video Talk
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 07:33:56 PM »

Yo