Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: $7 gas?  (Read 1339 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
$7 gas?
« on: May 17, 2008, 01:37:21 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-sun-gas-prices-no-letup-may18,0,6879387.story

How would THAT affect the amusement industry, particularly regional seasonal parks?

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: $7 gas?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 01:51:37 PM »
its really not the Gas prices that worries me as much as what effect oil has on EVERYTHING ELSE.

Everything in your life is made with oil and you will never in your Life see THE PRICE OF EVERYTHING GO UP in price as you will in the next few years.

The Price of everything will go up except Employees wages (which will take years to catch up)

this will hurt alot of people. I know its hurting me as my Business is way down since January.

I have a 6 cylinder Truck and with Gas here in South Jersey one of the lowest in the country its still cost me  around $82 to fill up.
I was on a 3/4 tank the other day and filled up it cost me $30.
At least my Local Gas station offers free coffee with a gas purchase.  :)

I use everything I can to cut cost  Entertainment coupon book  buy-one get-one.  etc.

In my 44 years I have never seen prices rise faster then I have now  and I'm sure I will see more to come.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 01:53:57 PM by PcMan »
Yo

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 10:37:59 PM »
I dont believe in this "Limited Supply" and "Dwindling Supplies" it seems we are still finding oil across the world each and every day as technology allows up to look in places we couldn't before, I believe it is more about Supply and Demand, the Demand is high and by keeping the supply VERY low, the oil companies make much more profit.

I love amusement parks, without a doubt, however, agreeing with what Tom said, I am more worried about other things going up. Pizza is now about double what it used to be and it seems EVERYTHING is rising in prices...

[/2?]
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 10:59:13 PM »
We  the USA may have trillions of gallons in Alaska and off the shore of the east coast but the zany environmentalist are always crying.
Even CUBA which is 90 miles from Key West is Drilling for oil off their shores .
Venezuela pays about 18 cents for a gallon.

Robb thats why I use the same buy one get one coupon at Papa Johns 
when I go to pick it up they never ask for the coupon  he he he  ;D
2 Large Pies with pepperoni for $11

thats why i do the drive thru half the times drive through  forget to ask for the coupon
KFC buy 8 piece get one free
McDonald's
Taco
etc. etc.

Frisbee Rob can now yell at me   ;)

LETS GO PENGUINS
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 07:34:30 PM by RobbW »
Yo

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 09:19:42 AM »
Just more incentive to push for alternative fuel. We can keep drilling and tearing up the earth, but it's a limited supply at the rate we use it. It will eventually cease to exist unless we can slow down our rate of consumption or abandon fossil fuels all together.

Our demand is too high. I drive a truck too; I'm guilty, but would gladly take public transportation everywhere I could if it was readily available. We need more trains and monorails! Americans like driving themselves, but I don't think it will be hard to force them to use public transit once they can't afford to drive themselves anymore. ;)

Teleportation is the answer. Yes!