Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: TDK Opening TR  (Read 2309 times)

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
TDK Opening TR
« on: May 20, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »
We had a problem with the locker, which went on way too long. It caused the group to split up. I wish I could have seen Austin?s first ride on El Toro.

Melissa wanted some Scara?s, but she had no money on her. Bubba remembered he owed Rob $100.

Everybody act like you?re at Great Adventure!

There were trashcans everywhere

RJ, were you a fan of The Wiz?

Melissa, Rob and I rode RT while Bubba and Tom were fancy and rode El Toro

We waited about a half an hour for Coaster 2. It was an ok ride. The coaster had better pacing than in years past but the Yellow train is quicker. We rode in the Blue train and the ride had not warmed up for the day. It was allot of fun and there were hints of air, and the guests were enjoying the ride.

Our feet were hurting and we double-teamed it on the Footsie Wootsies.

Rob?s friend Robin joined us and we walked all silly around the park. Oohh, Lakefront

We weren?t too sure what we wanted to do (COUGH SCREAM MACHINE) at this point, but we waited ? an hour for Nitro.

Bubba, Tom and Mel sat in the back row and Rob, Robin and I sat in front of them. When I said hi to April, she stapled me. The first drop caught me off guard. Tired + Allergy brain = exciting coaster experience. I love those return bunny hills! There was allot of floater air, but I couldn?t move. After we returned, Rob pointed out an empty seat and I asked April if I could ride again. The second time I got the air, but the lack of sleep was causing all sorts of brown outs.

It was time to say so long to Wade, Bubba, the two Toms, Ken and Melissa.

Rob, Robin and I ate at the Nitro Grille. (I loved The Dark Knight that much that Six Flags got wallet privileges.) I got a wrap and XXX Vitamin Water and Rob and Robin bought steak sandwhiches, fries, and refill bottles. The refills were free for the day. The food was good and the eating area was a bunch of tables on a drab cement slab under a shaded deck, but it WAS themed to Nitro. ;)   

I was honored to accompany Rob on his first Super Round Up ride (before they take it away.) Fantasy Fling was a ride that I was afraid of as a child, one of my favorites as a teen and a pleasant diversion to the other spinning rides that I used to be able to ride in the park in my 20?s. Robin sat this ride out. The ride began spinning. The cycle was long and before we got in the air, Rob was not looking good. He was turning Japanese. I love the ride but I hate to see a friend in pain or agony. I tried to act like I wasn?t enjoying the ride, but I loved it.

Well we had less than three hours left and we had to ride the big ride of the west.

We got a locker at 3:15 and stepped in line. It extended out of the queue, but the time went by fast. Plenty of eye candy! We got on the ride exactly at 4:00. Rob and I rode in the back seat and Robin rode in front of us. We rode in the dark train and I don?t know if that is Marc or Lou or Hector or Pedro, but it was crazy fast! The drop got a scream out of me and the other big hills brought out yells. I was closing my eyes on the hill over RT?which was Maverick-age. Even the bullring turns were awesome. A train rolled down RT?s first drop which was a perfect topping to a great experience.

We walked through Balin?s Jungleland and I bought Scara?s water ice at the stand by Kingda Ka. Red and blue are good, but I threw out the lemon.     

We tried to ride Kingda Ka. It was broken.

Robin had to leave. Rob and I had an hour and a half left until closing. We got a locker and rode TDK again!

The queue began halfway around the flagpole. The line was apparently an hour long, but it seemed to go much faster.

After the ride, we walked around the back half of Movie Town.

A representative of Marketing asked if we would like to see the Jersey Jokester show in the Showcase Theater with Joe Piscopo and Jim Breuer. It was to benefit the Boys and Girls Clubs of NJ, but at this point, it was free. We thought about it and we didn?t really want to be at the park until 8pm. 

With 15 minutes left before closing, I would have loved to ride Batman, but we had cleaned out our locker. I thought about a ride on RT again, but my feet said, ?You?re kidding, right??

So, I picked Big Wheel.

Rob and I went to Saladworks and the folks behind the counter saw my Dark Knight shirt and asked about the coaster. We went to Blackbeard?s Cove and played a round of mini golf. I was winning most of the game and that?s all you need to know about that. He talked me into Dairy Queen (exactly) and I drove home in glee, not getting stuck in construction on 72.

Thanks for reading! 
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: TDK Opening TR
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 05:35:25 PM »
Awesome pics and report Dan. The Fantasy Fling wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. The sun was just so bright that I couldn't open my eyes. I wish I had brought my camera into the park that day too, but the thought of spending $1 to ride each coaster seemed silly. Maybe I'll set aside one sunny day this summer to capture some of the same pics you got.

It was a very nice relaxing day, and it was pretty busy on top of that. Toro seems to be running faster this year than last, which is always good, I just burnt myself out on that ride. Nitro gets better everytime I ride it, and RT is running much better than usual. Again, nice pics, and thanks for a fun day.

P.S.... Is this quote true? Because if it is, I may be in some trouble :)
The I-76 on ramp is closed as Police investigate the hijacking of a big-rig containing amusement park equipment

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 07:07:37 PM »
LOL. We have to be worried about 72. ;)

That truck had this logo on the side:
http://www.sfgamworld.com/gallery/darkknight/TDK_Rendering_3?full=1

Thank you Rob. It was a fun day.
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 07:46:08 PM »
Man, I spent a good portion of the day before putting those stupid stars everywhere, just to come in today and see that every single one of them washed off the pavement. LOL!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 07:55:24 PM »
Are the cans still there?

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 11:41:36 PM »
Yeah.  That's our stand-ins for stanchions for the parade.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel