Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: PTR: The Dark Knight Media Day (Dainan)  (Read 1271 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
PTR: The Dark Knight Media Day (Dainan)
« on: May 20, 2008, 10:50:06 PM »
I made this it's own thread because it made the previous page it was on too big to load for some ;)

The Queue/Pre-Show:
The outdoors line was nicely landscaped for the amount of space it occupies. And it seemed to move quickly later on in the day. The Pre-Show is really cool. It's a press conference with Harvey Dent and the video (and room) gets taken over by the Joker! You then exit the room into a "subway station" where you see some cool theme effects and theming. You then board your "subway car" and enter the ride.

Te Ride:
With out ruining too much of the ride. You exit the station and head up the lift which is a long tunnel. The lights are flickering and when you reach the top you are sent into the Wild Mouse segment. This segment is not braked! Yes, there are brakes, but they aren't used (unless for blocking) so you zip through it. There are some special effects and theming up on this section of the track which is pretty interesting. Through the rest of the ride, you go down drops and some more themed elements are there to surprise you. There are also two on-ride photo sections that completely blind you! The one real bad part of the ride is, none of the effects are separated, so you can see everything. But hey! What do you expect? It's Six Flags we're talking about here!

This is a standard Mack Wild Mouse coaster, except for three differences. It's a mirror image. The drop after the final turn is a small dip right into the brakes. And the brakes are magnetic. You then return to the station and exit the ride to your right and head up into a hallway staircase, and come back down. When you get to the bottom there is only a wall, and no ceiling, so you can see the room. Then you exit out a door, which you have to open, and this illuminates the room a tad. Part of me thinks the ride is not fully completed, an other has me worried  :wink: .

My overall opinion on this ride, is that it's a perfect family ride. This is just not a "Mouse-In-A-Box". This has many themed elements that bring back the idea of a theme park. The coaster is also very smooth and just pure fun! As for extreme coaster riding, this isn't too intense, but it is just a fun ride.

My Rating:
8/10

Photos:
Once again, sorry about the quality, these are stills from my camcorder...thus...they suck, so deal

The Dark Knight welcomes you

There was originally going to be a whole city skyline here, but they were in a rush to open the ride, they just never put it up.

Josh is blury, and was one of the first riders (I filmed the ceremony)

Yea...we're cool and your not! And you have to wait to ride. SUCKA!!!!!

Mark Kane, Park President speaking

Angel Aristone, Park's PR speaking

Ribbon Cutting ceremony

Walking through the queue

Gotham City Rails

Tom in the queue

Dan is with the first riders!

Opening up for the pre-show

Inside the Pre-Show room

Teehee

Harvey Dent (Okay...I cheated, these pictures of the pre-show are from the second ride)

Um...what?

Before...

After....  Did I jet get pwnd?

OH SNAP!

=)

What are you waiting for?

Random theming

Joker Cards randomly about

Fancy shmancy

Getting on/off

The view from the exit!

And then it opened to the public!

Here's a familiar face! HEY JAY!

Blury Paul

Blury ThomasKelly and Jeff

A bunch of screaming GP!

Another car coming in

Once again...from the exit.

See ya later TDK! Thanks for the two fun rides!

-Dainan "A truelly great expansion" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255