Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Packed Sunday in the park ...Glow in the Park Parade....  (Read 1419 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Packed Sunday in the park ...Glow in the Park Parade....
« on: May 26, 2008, 09:19:53 PM »
Well Sunday was our day to visit the park. With no real plan to go anywhere and Monday off it seemed like an OK idea. Well it was a Bad idea as EVERYONE Else must have had the same Idea. It was packed getting into the park and EVERYONE had Flash Pass. The line for TDK could have been cut by at least 30 min if the guy letting everyone into the doors for the pre-show didn't have a HUGE line for the Flashpass people. While I did not want to wait my son insisted and well we waited the hour and 45 min .  :'(..My son LOVES this ride though ...Batman made me do it . :D

Ok so after a day of El toro , Kingda KA ...30 min wait  ;D...RMT. Rolling Thunder ..Racing but still they are so SLOW at  LOADING that thing AHHH ....GASM ..Walk on ...   Nitro .. YOU MUST now hold all loose shoes ..Flip Flops etc must go with you ..you either hold them or sit on them  >:( >:( I know they do this at IOA but now I am never going to go on Congo Rapids because I am not walking in wet shoes and it is now the coasters or the shoes at this point and the coaster are going to win ..I Guess and  after skull mountin we figured we would stick it out and see the Glow in the Park Parade.

Well I have to say I was impressed with the order that the park seemed to have when setting people up behind the chains . I was ready to see this parade when the area went dark I was kind of getting that dare I say DISNEY feel. The area in front of Batman was crowded with people and well everyone was waiting for the parade ..( believe it or not) .. Well I don't want to tell everyone what was in the parade but it was pretty impressive considering it a SF park . We really enjoyed it and had left saying WOW that was pretty good. The only dissapointment was that there were a group of about 3 or 4 guys standing not too far from us that never let us forget we were still in the NYC , NJ ,PA area. They were rude to the performers and just down right stupid acting with every aspect of the parade.

Upon leaving the park we went right to Wawa . Good thing we left before 10 too . The NJSP had shut the U turn to Wawa and MickeyD's and had blocked the turning lane so traffic would move smoother . I couldn't figure why it was so empty in the store until I tried to get on to the road to get to 195. I had to drive back toward the park to get to the u-turn to get back in the direction I had to go . I was wondering if they were going to do this more often ? This has got to be bad for business in Wawa and Mickey D's . I can't see this going over too well with them for long .

So I give the parade a thumbs up , I say WHAT do you mean people have no money and can't afford gas because SF is PACKED , And I want my Wawa and Mickey D's ...I also don't wanna hold my shoes on NITRO . Ok that sums it all up in what two maybe three senteces.