Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Great Adv. Drops Price $10  (Read 4127 times)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Great Adv. Drops Price $10
« on: May 27, 2008, 11:09:13 AM »
Looks Like all the parks are getting a discount. Why do they think they had trouble getting people to the park for a Day.
Some people just don't want to buy a season pass and just want to go once.
If the price was lower 4-6 years maybe SIX would not be in the DEPT they are in today.

Six Flags Great Adventure Drops Main Gate Price by $10

www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7bE0D3AACC-1BF9-41AB-8B8D-66B86C2FC488%7d&siteid=nbs

JACKSON, N.J., May 27, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- In conjunction with the grand opening of its newest attractions, THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster and Glow in the Park parade, Six Flags Great Adventure announced today it is dropping the regular main gate price by $10, effective May 27 for a limited time only.
"With the rising costs of food, living expenses and airfare, families are looking for ways to stretch their dollars and need an affordable entertainment option that is close to home," said Mark Kane, park president at Six Flags Great Adventure. "We are dropping our prices, yet adding more value and thrills for our guests with additional concerts, special events and new attractions like THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster, all at family-friendly prices."
THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster, an indoor, dark coaster based on the upcoming Warner Bros. movie THE DARK KNIGHT; and Glow in the Park spectacular nighttime parade join the exciting thrill and entertainment line-up at the park that comprises more than 60 rides and attractions including 13 major coasters such as El Toro and Kingda Ka, the tallest, fastest coaster in the world; four children's areas including Wiggles World and an exciting show line-up including new dolphin and tiger shows.
Six Flags Great Adventure is proud to bring back the immensely popular Starburst(R) Thursday Night Concert Series and introduce a new series - Sunday Rocks! presented by DanceDanceRevolution(R) with some of the industry's hottest artists including Mario, Flo Rida, Raven, Natasha Bedingfield, Good Charlotte and much more. The park will also present the Live & Local Music Showcase featuring talented local bands Saturday and Sunday nights at the Festival Stage.
"The entertainment value this year also includes more concerts, exciting animal shows, live music, character meet-and-greets and more," said Kane. "We are reducing our ticket price, yet continuing to offer our guests world-class entertainment options at a more affordable price."
Six Flags Great Adventure is open daily May 15 - Sept. 1 and weekends through Nov. 2. For more information on special events, tickets, prices and operating hours, please visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure .

ALSO
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Lowers Main Gate Price by $10

Six Flags New England Lowers Main Gate Price by $10

Six Flags America Announces Buy-One Get-One Free Offer www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7b9CDD7FA9-AFFC-4DCE-BF0C-0F7601FF4EDE%7d&siteid=nbs
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 11:13:59 AM by PcMan »
Yo

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Re: Great Adv. Drops Price $10
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 06:01:14 PM »
Wow...From what I hear the park was packed this weekend. 
I wonder if they really needed to do this.  Summer is here!
I may try to hit the park Friday night.  Does the parade run Friday nights?
Or just Saturday/Sunday?

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 06:21:46 PM »
They needed to Ken. It was a great weekend after a pretty ho-hum week. Plus, we were paying over $4 a gallon for gas in the midwest. That is coming soon. I don't think people will drive as far for fun. 
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 11:17:46 PM »
They needed to Ken. It was a great weekend after a pretty ho-hum week. Plus, we were paying over $4 a gallon for gas in the midwest. That is coming soon. I don't think people will drive as far for fun. 

Hi, Im New York, My gas costs about $4.15+/gal.

I think the $10 prices cut is a great idea, it brings in more people who in essence will spend more money on food/qbots/games etc.
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 09:28:22 AM »
Congratulations on getting your permit yesterday Mr Robb. Drive over to NJ to fill up on gas and Wawa. 
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 11:24:43 PM »
Heh, I passed my road test, so that means I went from a Learner's Permit to a Junior Driver's Liscense...Which still means I cannot drive until im 17 :/

However it does start my Probation period :D
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]