Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 5/30 Night Trip  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
5/30 Night Trip
« on: May 31, 2008, 11:34:14 AM »
This was the first Friday the Great Adventure was open late on a Friday night!
Stupid me thought the park closed at 10PM, but it really was 9:00PM.
I arrived to the park at 6:30PM and there were tons of those busses in the lot.
Main street was very crowded..but it must have been all the groups gathering to leave.

-Kingda Ka was running 4 trains and I had a 15 minute .  About 4 switch backs full in the queue.  When Ka is running 4 trains it just eats the line.

-I then decided to check out a public ride on The Dark Knight.  There was about a 5 minute wait to get into the pre-show.  I still love the pre-show and the clown mirror, but the lower parts of the Dark Knight really need some help.  It can really make you head spin trying to figure out what is going on.  I was watching the peoples reactions as the were getting off the ride and they all seemed to have a bewildered look.   This was the first time I even saw the truck and I have yet to find batman on the motorcycle (if it even exists).  I wonder if this ride might be better with the lights on (sorry Dan!)

-And something you never see.  Nitro was out of action!!  There was a tall crane doing something at the top of the lift.

-I then hit the back row of Skull Mountain.  This ride was quite a surprise.  All the effects were working.  Sound + Skull + Pumpkin + Strobe Lights = Great ride.

-Finished the night off with a 5 ride marathon on El Toro.  Jorge is just kicking but this year!!  As Rob said.. I too swear I heard the upstops work on the twister section.  Hector not so much and it feels like it has a bum wheel towards the back of the train.

Over all not a bad night...No I have to plan a night to see that parade!!

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
Re: 5/30 Night Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 12:08:13 PM »
Great TR Ken. No lights on in the Dark Knight! :) Batman on the motorcycle is across from the truck on the right hand side. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 01:35:35 PM by darkridedan »
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 12:31:04 PM »
Great TR

I think what happens a lot of times is that the timing is off on some of the effects and the lighting.  I saw things on my second lap on media day that I definately couldn't see the first time.

I had heard they added something in the lower section since media day as well.

Nitro down with a crane next to it?  That can't be good.  Hopefully it isn't something major with the lift hill.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 02:57:04 PM »
Since when did Skull Mountain have all the effects on!?!?

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 04:39:09 PM »
They have been on a for a couple of weeks at least

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 07:37:35 PM »
Nitro was running today with 3 trains.