Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 5/30  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
5/30
« on: June 01, 2008, 10:03:59 PM »
Heyyy everyone... I'm still alive and I do read the forums, I just have been forever busy.. Anyhow, it's nice to post again.
Last minute my friends decided they wanted to go down around noon on friday so they picked me up and we were on our way.
Parking lot wasn't terribly crowded but there sure were a lot of buses, we knew it was field trip season going down so it wasn't that much of a surprise. Got right in and off to "The Dark Knight" we went. As a huge fan of everything Batman I was a little excited for this. After about an hour we got into the the preride show, which was cool, can't wait for the movie. I also like how that controls the queue a bit. The interior queue theming and station theming was great, really had a Gotham City feel to it. On to the ride we went, nice subway themed cars and for some reason boarding while they moved was kind of fun (perhaps I am easily entertained...). The ride was fun, cool speed up at the end of the lift into the quick turn "off the track". Lots of sharp turns and fun drops to be had and some decent theming. I was hoping for a little more in the theming, I was waiting for The Joker's laugh (again, easily entertained), but it was still great. Overall I loved it and I am glad to see it in our park.
Sadly Nitro was closed, a crane was up but they didn't seem to be doing much, so because of the extreme heat we went to Congo Rapids. I had forgotten how narrow the switchbacks were, soooo many people are packed  under the shelter. Anywho, just like every other time I ride Congo I am the one to get completely soaked while most others get away unscathed. I then got my $16 lunch from Johnny Rockets, I do love their food so it is well worth it.
Off to the Boardwalk and walked right onto GASM. The ops were very quick and they had all three trains running which was great to see. Perhaps I just haven't ridden in a while but it seemed a little smoother. While on the ride I could see that SUF barely had a line so we headed there next. About a 20 minute wait and we got on the middle somewhere. The back had quite a few people waiting for it, so sad. Always a fun ride.
Headed over to Medusa where we were met by a 20 minute wait for so, hopped on the back row. It was already 7:30 or so by this time, where did time go?!?! so we got some Dipndots and headed out, no one else wanted to stay.
It was sad not to get in some RT, BTR, Nitro, Toro, or Ka but I will surely be back. Overall I had a great time, good first visit... can't wait to head back down soon.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 10:05:31 PM by Deadman »
is back? in black?

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: 5/30
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 12:46:51 AM »
Glad to see you back.

It sucks you didn't get to ride Nitro, Batman or Toro... thats the down side to going to the parks with friends whom aren't into the rides as much as us. You still had a good time regardless which is what really counts.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: 5/30
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:34:23 AM »
Nice to see you back deadman :).

You had the kind of trip I usually do - lots of walking and very few coasters lol  Although I compenstate with tons of kiddie rides.

Its great that folks can still have fun without hitting all of the major rides.