Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: World-Famous Carnegie Deli To Open at Great Adventure!  (Read 3823 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
World-Famous Carnegie Deli To Open at Great Adventure!
« on: May 10, 2006, 03:58:02 PM »
Jackson, N.J. * May 10, 2006 -- Visitors to Six Flags Great Adventure, New Jersey's largest and most diverse family entertainment destination, can now "relish" the best pastrami sandwiches and cheesecake New York City has to offer -- starting on May 29, the park will have its very own Carnegie Deli.  The world-renowned deli emporium will offer a wide selection of sandwiches, meats, salads and array of tasty desserts, bringing a delicious new dining option to Six Flags Great Adventure just in time for summer.

Named the "most famous" deli in the U.S. by USA Today, The Carnegie Deli at Six Flags will offer the flavor, traditions and high-quality products of its Manhattan location to theme park visitors.  "We pride ourselves on making our guest experience our number one priority at Six Flags Great Adventure, including offering the very best * and best-known * brands America has to offer," said Ron Sevart, Six Flags Great Adventure's General Manager. "People from around the world line up for the chance to eat at the legendary Carnegie Deli, and we couldn't be more pleased that now they can find its outstanding deli selection at Six Flags as well."

"Carnegie Deli at Six Flags Great Adventure will offer the same ingredients, recipes and freshness as New York's original deli," said Sandy Levine, owner-operator of the Carnegie Deli.  "Millions of people visit Six Flags every year, and now they'll have the chance to sample Carnegie Deli's finest -- the food that made Manhattan famous!"  

The menu at the park will include well-known Carnegie Deli sandwiches with corned beef, hot pastrami, roast beef and turkey, salads, pickled plates, mouth-watering desserts * and famous signature sandwiches like the "Woody Allen," made with both corned beef and pastrami.

Located on Six Flags Great Adventure's Main Street across from the fountain, the Carnegie Deli will open daily beginning May 29 and follow the theme park's operating hours.  

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 04:27:45 PM »
Wow, just wow! I really hope they don't sell out and cut back on the size of these sandwiches! (I'm sure they will) and prices will most likely be outrageous, but still a VERY cool addition.

2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 06:05:47 PM »
Thats one killer sandwich Stew  :shock:
Sounds like it will be a great addition to the park, can't wait to try it out !

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 07:21:23 PM »
dangit, i'm trying to loose weight so i can ride B:TR. This just ruins my entire summer :lol: J/K
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 08:38:46 PM »
$15   ??
Yo

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 08:56:32 PM »
this is a good move on thier part.  

I feel like six flags is a true part of NJ and its surroundings.. and with that said, ive always wanted them to integrate our lifestyles and choices of food.  I feel like they have done that with this deli.  Good move GADV!
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 10:41:49 PM »
Oh, my!

Oh, my!

Oh, my!

Yet another reason to visit my most favoritest park on earth! (and yes, I know that Mrs. Grundy would not approve.  She can go ride Kingda Ka when it reopens, especially if she takes me with her!)

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 10:50:24 PM »
I'm not a big sandwich guy, but this is certainly a fantastic addition. I will be there for the desserts, though.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 11:56:15 PM »
Um, wow.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 01:52:57 AM »
Thats just awsome except its a real shame the prices will soar higher the Kingda Ka for a sandwich! Still a great addition, I hope they sell soups as well as the sandwiches!
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 06:43:48 AM »
I do, too...but I worry about the "it's too hot to serve soups in an amusement park" argument....

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 07:55:02 AM »
Lets hope they have the infamous Jersey Shore Pork Roll Egg and Cheese on a hard roll!!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: World-Famous Carnegie Deli To Open at Great Adventure!
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 09:40:17 PM »
I do, too...but I worry about the "it's too hot to serve soups in an amusement park" argument....

Maybe if they are flexible enough to follow the seasons, we'll see soup.  I've been at Gadv during plenty of cool fall evenings.  Its awesome during these times and soup would hit the spot  :)

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
Re: World-Famous Carnegie Deli To Open at Great Adventure!
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 10:20:26 PM »
^ Exactly, I hot cup of soup is a great thing, I can also go for a cup in the summer why not! If you can sit down and eat it your fine but if you have to take it to go, put it in a styrofoam(sp?) cup with a warning label on it. MMMMM I can taste it already, a cup of chicken noodle, or clam chowder (SFNE is gonna have soup, why cant we?) with a Turkey and Swiss *drools*
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]