Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Plaza del Carnaval, RT and Tango are OPEN!  (Read 5111 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Plaza del Carnaval, RT and Tango are OPEN!
« on: May 26, 2006, 11:49:35 AM »
As of 11:30AM, the new section, Plaza del Carnaval and it's attractions are not open to the public.  Updates will be posted in this thread.

(many thanks to blazzinmatt for the updates)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 04:41:46 PM by ChuckR »

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
Re: Plaza del Carnaval, RT and Tango NOT Open Just Yet
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 12:00:32 PM »
Noon Update - Park is crowded as many schools are here. Lines are pretty long but not too bad. KK is running two trains but is launching pretty well. Batman the Chiller is closed and Robin side has a long line. More updates to come during the day.

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 05:41:37 PM »
I just got back from the park.  I saw Rolling Thunder testing the right track during the day and after the thunderstorm heard a horn I didn't recognize.  I would assume that it was El Toro's horn.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 06:22:22 PM »
Yeah, nothing really new to report.  Hopefully tomorrow results in some action ::)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 06:53:41 PM »
Just got a email from Great adventure it say PDC will open this weekend
so maybe tomorrow  ?
http://cdi-mail.net/SFGA/blasts/SFGA_2006-05.2/

I also noticed a NY Mets reunion on the same day a Coaster Celebration the 17th
I also wonder If I can pay for Coaster Celebration in person as I'm not sure if I'm going yet but will be in the park next week ?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 06:57:37 PM by pcman »
Yo

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 07:12:51 PM »
Nothing going on KK is running smooth but PDC is not open yet. Good day at the park though.

Offline KingdakaRoxmysox

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 09:04:46 PM »
yea i went today also but it was crowded so me, my sis and her roomate got qbot and got on all the rides except superman it was a 2 hr wait even on qbot??? and why are they show tango as a new main attraction, it is like a kiddie ride?? it just goes up and spins slowly right? yea anyway, i also herd that loud sound later after the thunderstory too and i think it was runnaway train cause it broke down or maby not but deff.... by medusa! so it mabe ET :)
~~~~chris~~~~

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 11:04:19 PM »
I am completely sure that it was not Runaway Train's horn that I heard, especially since that actually did blow later after I heard this horn.  The only horns I don't know are GASM, Chiller, Batman, and Skull Mountain, and so I'm fairly sure that it was El Toro.

A q-bot simply has you wait the same time as the line, unless its Gold, and so unless it was Gold a 2 hour wait for Superman makes sense(it certainly isn't good, but the park was very crowded). 

When the park is trying to become a better place for families it would make sense to heavily advertise a family (or "kiddie") ride rather than just go for El Toro.  Add in the fact that El Toro won't be ready for this weekend and there's a choice of advertising simply a new section opening with an old roller coaster or drawing attention to the fact that there is a new ride opening, and they'll pick to advertise the new ride as well. It may not mean much to you, but it still is a new ride that they will attempt to capitalize on as much as possible.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 11:03:31 AM »
Tango is what I would consider a top-notch family ride as opposed to the smaller more carnival-like kiddie rides they added to BBNP (with exception of the balloons).  This is also a new style ride that will accomadate the entire family without getting them sick.  So yes, it is a major addition that will thrill and fill that niche.

It is possible that Toro was actually testing the cable lift.  Similar to Ka when they test the catch car, the horn must sound so maybe we will see some actual testing today!

Offline KingdakaRoxmysox

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 12:17:26 PM »
yea i do guess it is a way for familys to have fun... but is it big? because i saw pictures of it and it looks like it could only hold 4 to a row, which if it is a main new ride it is going to have a long line.... correct? im just unsure with this whole tango thing.... but dont get me wrong if it is going to draw crouds let it draw them.

~~~~chris~~~~

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Re: Plaza del Carnaval, RT and Tango are OPEN!
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 04:44:13 PM »
Plaza Del Carnival opened today without El Toro. GACoaster posted an update about it.

http://amusementpics.com/SFGAdv News & Notes Spring 06.htm

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »
Very Nice looking!  I'll stop by the park tomorrow and get a full set of photos for the site.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 10:02:24 PM »
As much as Rolling Thunder needed  a new sign , I'm very disappointed with the new one. It's like when Wayne said,  "Hi,  were in Delaware, OK moving on" in Wayne's world.  It might clean up the area but it is very boring and generic.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 12:13:11 PM »
I can't guarantee this but something tells me El Toro has or will be testing today.  I"ll be at the park later and take pics/video if they run it during operating hours.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 09:06:03 AM »
Well went into the plaza on 6/3 our first visit to the park since it opened and well I must say everything looks great. Went on tango with my son and he loved it and wanted to ride it again . It is great for him at 4 it is a big kid ride and that makes him happy  :). Walked around and had to ride RT as we rode looked at ET and I must say the end of ET where it crosses over RT looks amazing i was really excited to get a good look at ET from RT. The resturant was open but the gates for the bridge to walk to medusa were not as of yet. Maybe soon I hope. All in all the area looks great and updated and all it needs now is ET to run.  ;D

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 09:45:04 AM »
Thats odd - the gates and bridge were open earlier this week.  I guess it depends on what they are working on at the time.  Or somebody accidently left them open LOL.

We have yet to hit tango but I'm sure both of my kids will LOVE it.  Esp. since all 4 of us can actually ride it together :).

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 11:10:11 AM »
The gate and the bridge was closed yesterday and I already got two rides on Tango, since they were the only thing open in the area the other day.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 11:15:05 AM »
on Wed. the gate under ET was open and I took a few shots
www.darktipper.com/Flash/ETbridge/bridge.html
I didn't walk to the bridge as I seen workers on the lift hill and didn't want to bother
Yo

Offline coasterrider15

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »
Well, with the frequency that El Toro has been testing recently, I think that the bridge, as well as El Toro, will be open very soon. 8)