Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Tr: Nice day at the park. 6/19/08  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Tr: Nice day at the park. 6/19/08
« on: June 20, 2008, 11:17:07 PM »
So, since Josh has some pictures up,   I figure?  I?ll just write a couple notes from yesterdays visit. Hopefully it?s not to long to bore you but just enough to let you know how awesome the whole day was. 

First up was the TC shoot in the am. It was an amazing time, even if it was on Ka.  I don?t know if it?s me or not, but I really enjoyed my four rides.( Front row, Llama seat  twice and back row) Oh , the donuts and coffee weren?t bad either!

I would like to thank Jen, Mike and Angel for that one chance at a roll back. Some how that lap turned out to be the fastest I?ve ever been on. I?d also like to Thank Wade for the invite and Pc man for letting me steal his chance at that roll back. Well, as you know it never happened.  But the morning did  include great conversations with friends talking about life and coasters.

Once the shooting was over for the ride, they wanted to do some interviews. Now since I?m a little camera shy, I said my goodbyes and headed home.

Once home, I packed my swim gear, picked up Steff and headed back to Hurricane Harbor.  I used my half off coupon and we headed in for $42. Once inside, we found out the kids area would be closed. Oh well, no tipping bucket today.   Anyway we found some chairs at the Blue lagoon and decided on what to do next. Of course it would be the lazy river since we?ve been doing Cp?s all week. Somehow they managed to kick us off before the complete circuit, but this was a good thing since we were right next to Boreas, Eurus, Zephyrus and Nortus.  Now which is which, who knows, we thought the green one owned!

After a couple of runs it was back to our chairs and then the wave pool. The park was empty which made for an enjoyable time out in the waves.  A couple of handstands later we found ourselves back at the lazy river(Yes a complete Circuit this time! ) thinking about our next move. It turned out this would consist of, Bada Bing boom bam slides and Hurricane Mt. This was shortly followed by lunch at Aquatopia Caf? and shopping at Island Traders. 

An empty Hurricane Harbor is the way to go; unfortunately?..summer has officially started!

Wait, did you think we left?  Once changed, we headed over to one of the best coaster collections in the country.  Once I again, I use my trusted season pass booklet and used my BAFFF coupon. Score, being it only had one day left before it expired.  It was 5 o?clock at this point and they only had one gate open due to the park closing at 8. I still find this being the worst part of my experience coming here. People can be so annoying!

Once inside we headed for the gift shop to buy more clothes. I had forgotten to tell a certain someone that Nitro might be an option after the water park. Being a little wet, we went for the combo sweatshirt, t-shirt deal for 30 bucks. After flashing my pass and saving some green it was off to TDK.

Around the corner we found a full queue, I called Dan to see what that meant to me.  An hour, OK we?ll wait , watch Kit Hoover, wait , listen to annoying twelve year old kids, wait some, hear people leaving the exit saying "that rides whack!"   I?d say 4 out 5 people didn?t really care that much for the ride. Again, I think the people calling the ride lame, didn?t really know what they were expecting.

Well , we finally made it into the pre-show about 45 minutes later.  Here the guest could care less about the dialogue. OK, so maybe 5 of us were paying attention.  It wasn?t until ?why so serious? happened when people took notice of what was happening.  The doors opened and along we went to find our subway car.  I did catch more details of the ride, but I still think they need to slow the cars a tad. No Wade, not like the Doo wopper, but just a little so you can actually see things.  My favorite part is still the lift. while Steff  gave it a...Meh . It?s ok, not bad.

To make up for ?Meh, its OK? we found ourselves looking out over the trees at 230 ft in the front row on, you guessed it, Nitro. This was followed up two minutes later sitting in the last row. Amazing crew, three trains, no stacking!   Nitro was being Nitro, and delivering great rides.  Having done both laps in less than 20 minutes it was off to the west.

At this point, we had walked enough and took a break in the sky. It was nice to see both sides open on such a beautiful day. After touching down, it was time for second row on Medusa. Walk on actually, everyone was waiting for the front, go figure. Just paint her already, please. I know it?s like asking for tails for the carousel but please this off season let?s try and do both!

To finish up we took a lap on Hector. Enough Said!  What an Amazing last ride to end one of the best overall experiences at the park ever!   

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: Tr: Nice day at the park. 6/19/08
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 03:18:14 AM »
The green slide certainly does OWN. Mel and I had just about as much fun as you had, it seems. It was pretty busy when we were there, but no one told us to get off of the lazy river, thats strange.

Why did it cost you $45 to get in? Mel and I got in for a whopping 29.98 total.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 08:49:21 AM »
$29.99 and a Half off coupon.  29.98, Tell me how for next time. Did you get Mel in at kids rate? J/K lol.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 09:44:50 AM »
With that sense of humor you should not be camera shy!

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 12:50:38 PM »
The coupon book has 2 HH coupons... one right after the other. Maybe you missed one?

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 02:31:23 PM »
Heh, Hurricane Harbor is not HH when the dump bucket is not working. Thats one of the best things they have there!

$50 to get in still isnt that bad for two people
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 05:53:31 PM »
I thought you could only use one coupon per season pass holder?   Only I have a season pass, both you and Mel have one, right?

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 07:34:11 PM »
True dat.