Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Rise & Scream on 7/5  (Read 11575 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
Rise & Scream on 7/5
« on: June 30, 2008, 09:24:21 AM »
Does anyone know if this event is just for people who have the word "premium" on their season pass?  Rich bought his pass from GA and it has "premium" on it, but I bought my pass from SFNE last fall and it doesn't have the word premium on it.  Would that mean I couldn't get into Rise & Scream?

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Re: Rise & Scream on 7/5
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:27:03 AM »
I would call and ask them ...tell them your situation and see what they say. I was under the impression that it was for only "premium" pass holders . Are you guys going? We are thinking of making a run for it this weekend too .

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 10:32:45 AM »
Sue, I would be shocked if they didn't let him in.  In fact, our passes were renewed last fall and none of them have premium on them.  Yet, Kyle got his pass processed (he is 3 now) and never had one before.  So because he got his pass early this Spring, it has premium on it.  Meanwhile, we paid the same price for all 4.

Let us know the response but I wouldn't be all that concerned.  But I understand you wanting to be sure before making the drive out.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 05:09:44 PM »
Do they include all of the rides listed on the website?  The listing on the website says "including" Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nitro, S:UF, B:TR, Medusa, The Great American Scream Machine and the new DARK KNIGHT Coaster!

To me, if it says including, that means all of them.  If it was just some of them, it should say it "could include".

Who else is going?  Rich doesn't want to go.  I would come by myself, but I'd like to have someone to hang with(and ride Rolling Thunder with!).

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 05:21:57 PM »
I am leaning towards going Saturday. Apparently they didn't run El Toro for June's rise and scream, so hopefully they will for July's!

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 06:27:03 PM »
Chuck and I should be there. I'm not 100% committed yet though. I'm pretty sure he is.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline coastermom

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 09:39:30 PM »
I am almost 100% sure we will be there . I just have to see how late the night is on Friday but We are all set to go .

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 09:28:05 AM »
We just got ripped off. It's suf and gasm and no-twist!
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 12:10:57 PM »
So far, 2 rides on GASM, suf, 4 on Toro and 2 on Nitro. Matt44, Ken, Sue and I would have rallied for a 3rd on Nitro, but there are no re-re rides. TDK is almost a walk on but we were but 4 times. The park needs different kinds of people working Security. I almost didn't make it into R&S either because my season pass was purchased on the website but I just ignored the Security Guard and went in anyway.
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 03:24:04 PM »
I never would have ridden SUF or GASM if it wasn't for Rise and Scream. GASM really wasn't all that bad.
I could not believe how dead the park was for a Saturday for a holiday weekend.
You can never complain about 4 rides on El Toro in a row without getting up.
Rolling Thunder was racing too!!  Although we didn't come close to winning. I'll blame it on an unfair start.
Great hanging out with you guys!  I seem to be running into Dan every time I go to the park.

And what happened to Chuck?  Too many fireworks last night...

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 05:31:13 PM »
I never would have ridden SUF or GASM if it wasn't for Rise and Scream. GASM really wasn't all that bad.
I could not believe how dead the park was for a Saturday for a holiday weekend.
You can never complain about 4 rides on El Toro in a row without getting up.
Rolling Thunder was racing too!!  Although we didn't come close to winning. I'll blame it on an unfair start.
Great hanging out with you guys!  I seem to be running into Dan every time I go to the park.

And what happened to Chuck?  Too many fireworks last night...
Is the world coming to an end, you actually rode suf and Gasm.......

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 07:05:42 PM »
I can't believe I wasted my time getting up early for S:UF and GASM.  You would think with only having 3 Rise & Scream's, they would make an effort to have their premier coasters open.

I also wish they'd be more consistent with rerides.  El Toro you could reride any open seat, yet Nitro wouldn't allow rerides even though the entire train was empty except the front row.  Makes no sense!

On the bright side, it was nice to see Dan(even though you didn't ride RT with me!) and meet Matt, Ken, and RJ for the first time.

Were you there, coastermom?

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 07:25:53 PM »
It was too bad that they had Superman and the Scream Machine running for rise and scream this morning, but the park was dead for most of the day so it was not too upseting.

It was nice to meet Sue and RJ for the first time, as well as hang out with Ken and Dan again. It was a really fun day at the park and luckily the crowds stayed away.

El Toro was running like a beast in the rain! Nitro was incredible all day long. I've never enjoyed it as much as I did today, even with both trim brakes on!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 08:11:58 PM »
Did you and Dan ride much when you returned to the park?

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »
hmm... We went on El Toro once more, once on each side of Rolling Thunder, Medusa once, Skull Mountain twice, the little blue kiddie coaster behind wiggles world once (I wanted the credit and haven't been on it yet), and once more on Nitro

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 08:35:56 PM »
Is the world coming to an end, you actually rode suf and Gasm.......

Yeah..Once was enough for SUF and GASM 4 times!  Had to kill that hour some way.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 09:23:44 PM »
I can't believe I wasted my time getting up early for S:UF and GASM.  You would think with only having 3 Rise & Scream's, they would make an effort to have their premier coasters open.

I also wish they'd be more consistent with rerides.  El Toro you could reride any open seat, yet Nitro wouldn't allow rerides even though the entire train was empty except the front row.  Makes no sense!

On the bright side, it was nice to see Dan(even though you didn't ride RT with me!) and meet Matt, Ken, and RJ for the first time.

Were you there, coastermom?

Hey guys ... Yes I was there with my simpsons t-shirt on . I think I saw you guys over by SUF and once while you were on ET. I wasn't sure if it was you guys I really thought it was dan thought from the photos I have seen on the boards. I hate to look like an idiot and say hello to the wrong people though.

We stayed almost all day and did a lot of rides more then once. We left around 6:30 and drove over to ruby tuesdays to eat . It was amazingly dead for most of the day and the longest lines were not more then 20 min to 1/2 hour. Great day in all .

Offline coastermom

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 09:28:14 PM »
BTW one more thing what is the deal with RT?? Why does the green train always win while racing ? Today the green train on the right side always came in first before the blue train on the left. MY son hates to lose on RT when it races and we rode it more then once just because we had to win .. I was just happy that it opened after getting over there around 11:00 and it was still closed .

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 12:42:25 AM »
Thats a bit annoying to go there to have only GASM ans S:UF open. Re-Rides on Toro never gets old though
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 08:11:53 AM »
It was an okay day. Nitro and El Toro never went faster and Kingda Ka was amazing too! The weather was the saving grace.

The Dark Knight was a one cycle wait along with everything else. The preshow began after the doors closed, but the people who cut us in line had yelled (or was that belching) through the whole thing. We did hit one brake perhaps because we were dispatched early or was it our combined weight? I was able to see every scene. Coherent storyline, no. I hope they place some of the sences in better places next year. It was still fun.

The strobes in Skull Mountain appeared to be placed on a slower speed. It was more like somebody flickering a light off and on, pretty slowly.

We rode Batman towards the back. It was a nice change from my favorite front row. INTENSE!

We also rode Medusa, S.U.F. Skull Mountain and Nitro in the back. Be careful of what you make fun of tho; Nitro is starting to feel like Kingda Ka in the back.  :-\ We had our 4-ride marathon on Toro in the middle and Matt and I had an incredible ride in the back row after it rained. We also rode GASM twice in the middle. Matt and I rode RT and RMT towards the front.

The DK grouper and the Batman and S.U.F. crews were really good. The Medusa and GASM crews were pretty good too, including the operators. The operator on Road Runner Railway didn't think it was too weird that a 17 and 32 yr old was riding. The morning El Toro crew was great but the afternoon crew may have been new. I didn't recognize anybody working on the rides today, so everybody must have been new summer help. The Spring crews were taking a well deserved break.

The RT crew was bad as almost-always. The attendants did not make sure people had their seatbelts on or lap bars down before they would physically check them so there was allot of waiting around and re-checks.

The ride was racing but they sent Green too early. We only saw the other train far into the distance. Coaster 2 broke down so we didn't race anybody on our second ride.

Coastermom, the park made Coaster 1's lift hill (Red and Green) faster than the Coaster 2 side (Blue and Yellow.) It should be the other way around.

It is true that the Coaster 1 curve to the lift hill and the return curve into the station are longer, but the Coaster 2 far curve is longer and the out hills are bigger. The lift hills were timed at the same speed last year, so trains could be dispatched out at the same time: Red with Yellow and Green with Blue. Winning depended upon weight and speed... unless the trains got switched around. (In this case, Yellow would win every time if it were sent out with Green and Red would win against Blue.) This year like last, they are going for a close tie, but the lift hill change makes a difference.

The ride areas were clutered with litter more than I've ever seen them. I wondered if this was an immediate change to the ops not allowed in their own track area. Hats were everywhere too, thanks in part to the no loose article policy. The 'Visual Check' thing is pretty stupid. It should just be done, not said.

It's the time of year where the landscaping department forgets about the weeds. They were growing everywhere, but I saw the landscapers watering flowers after a night of rain, and a day of showers to follow. It made the park feel worn down and neglected. I noticed allot of things that needed to be repaired and repainted, especially the Superman bubble and around the Best of the West and inside the Western Fortress. But July is no time for a self-respecting enthusiast to be in their home Six Flags park, especially on a Saturday!

Thankfully the crowds were light, but I wouldn't have come an hour early to ride S.U.F and GASM. If they do read the boards, they know that these two coasters are the two least popular coasters amongst season passholders. However, Kingda Ka and El Toro opened on time!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 10:27:38 AM by darkridedan »
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 10:28:14 AM »
It's too bad we didn't meet up, coastermom.  It would've been fun to ride RT with you and your family.  It was great seeing Fred and Wilma again.  :)

Dan, did you and Matt get to ride every coaster in the park?  I was thinking yesterday would've been a good day to try that since we knocked out all of the big coasters early on.  The only coaster you didn't mention was Blackbeard.

Did RT go down to one train on each side in the afternoon?  It was 4 trains when Ken and I rode, but it was raining pretty well after we got off.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 11:32:54 AM »
I wasn't sure if it was you guys I really thought it was dan thought from the photos I have seen on the boards. I hate to look like an idiot and say hello to the wrong people though.
You should have come over and said hello.  What is the worst that could happen?

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 01:17:57 PM »
We could have done all of the rides. I did forget that we took the B&M express from Medusa to Nitro. After the rain, I dont think we were in the mood for the Log Flume or Rapids, so we got other people wet on the Flume. I dido't look over to Parachutes to see if they opened but I don't usually ride the stuff on the Boardwalk. I eyed the samba tower, balloons and tea cups but with the way I had been browning out all the way through Nitro's helix, I didn't want to be spinning around on purpose. We walked through Looney Tunes Seaport and I thought about getting my first flying carpet ride at Great Adventure since the 90's but Daffy's Deep Seadiver was closed again and Bugs Bunny Barnstormer was a little slow and a little more suitable for the younger set. We left around 4:30.
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 01:18:14 PM »
Double Post. Cute.

Delete me please.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 03:20:03 PM by darkridedan »
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline coastermom

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 01:34:40 PM »
I wasn't sure if it was you guys I really thought it was dan thought from the photos I have seen on the boards. I hate to look like an idiot and say hello to the wrong people though.
You should have come over and said hello.  What is the worst that could happen?

Have you seen some of the people that come to our park?? I don't know some of them are pretty nasty ... I will have to come over next time and say HI .