Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Rise & Scream on 7/5  (Read 11582 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Re: Rise & Scream on 7/5
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 01:40:48 PM »
It's too bad we didn't meet up, coastermom.  It would've been fun to ride RT with you and your family.  It was great seeing Fred and Wilma again.  :)

Dan, did you and Matt get to ride every coaster in the park?  I was thinking yesterday would've been a good day to try that since we knocked out all of the big coasters early on.  The only coaster you didn't mention was Blackbeard.

Did RT go down to one train on each side in the afternoon?  It was 4 trains when Ken and I rode, but it was raining pretty well after we got off.

Yes RT was down to one train on each side in the afternoon . I wish it was 4 trains  they were very SLOW to load and unload the trains on both sides .

WE always have a stop to see fred and wilma . I would love to ride with you guys but I really don't want to ride RT with many people because of my sons FLIP OUTS when his train loses. He hates to be on the train that doesn't come in first it is quite embarassing and HIGHLY ANNOYING . especially now that I know one lift is running faster then the other and that maybe the ride opts should know this to make the race a little fairer..Rant over thanks ...

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 02:15:34 PM »
Sue, I saw them putting the Blue train on after the rain. I don't know if that meant two trains on both sides. More likely it sounds like they swapped the Yellow for the Blue. Honestly yesterday was such a waste for me since it was more like a typical Spring or early Fall visit, but it was nice to do it in short sleeves and shorts. I won't be doing a Rise & Scream again and they could just scrap the idea.
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 03:56:41 PM »
C'mon Dan, you know you had fun yesterday  :P

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 05:21:47 PM »
Seeing all of us was a waste, Dan???   :P

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »
LOL. I think we had our Family Fun Night yesterday. The day was fun, the R&S was the waste part. Otherwise I would cut the grass, got my oil change, got there last around noon to marathom RT with you, Ken and Matt and stayed later to meet Coaster Mom and maybe anybody else that went ;)
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline coastermom

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 07:33:14 PM »
Hey Dan if you cut your grass and get an oil change then when your done can you make it over to SI and Do mine??

It wasn't as bad as it sounds I got my once or twice  a year rides on GASM and SUF . I never wait for SUF nobody in my family loves it and well the line is always HUGE .

Dan did sue have a green shirt on and someone had a white shirt with gray letters I think . I should have come over to say HI .

One more thing .. Here is a situation I have to post. My daughter and I were going on ET there was no line everyone was going right up the stairs . I went through all the line to have people just getting off JUMP the hand rails and walk in front of us. SO I was annoyed as these people have now CUT THE LINE . SO their friends are behind us and tries to get to them I did not allow them through . They asked why so I told them that they cut the line and I was not allowing their friends to do the same . One kid tells me there was no line so they did not cut anyone and that he works for the park and that is allowed. Now that is the funniest thing I have ever heard ...JUMPING over handrails is allowed I have to say I knew he was full of it and couldn't believe some people and the nerve they have .
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 07:35:39 PM by coastermom »

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2008, 07:45:41 PM »
Well, no on cutting the grass. ;) I believe Sue had a green top. I had a grey Kennywood top (top of the pile) and Matt had a blue Millenium Force top on. I think Ken had a red top? That would be considered line cutting. My guess is that the park sent staff home due to attendance. It is not smart for the park employee to identify himself while he was breaking the rules.
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 08:04:16 PM »
Yup, I had on a lime green top.  :)

Was there security at El Toro when that happened?  They shouldn't have allowed that.  Then again, the line cutters at Dark Knight did it right in front of security who didn't say a word. 

Offline coastermom

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 08:33:44 PM »
See next time I am coming over guys just BEWARE ,,, I had a simpsons shirt I got "free" with my stay at the HRH this spring and my hubby had on a Mummy tee. I knew it was you guys . AHH there is always next time.

Yup security and was there as was the park employee in her bright yellow shirt watching it all happen ... I was so annoyed .

Dan I am thinking the kid was pulling my leg just to shut me up. Too bad it didn't work .

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2008, 08:45:08 PM »
Ahh. I think I will be proactive the next time I'm at the park and take the names of the security officers at TDK. I get cut everytime I'm in that line. Enforcement of the rules are so weird at this park. If you are or look innocent, you get a hassle. If you do something wrong they look the other way. They should just do what works at Knoebels...have no rules at all!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 08:50:05 PM by darkridedan »
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2008, 08:58:33 PM »
I'll post the entire story later when I'm not on my phone but we arrived at around 7:30 last night for... Well, let's just say a very odd visit.  All sorts of things went screwy.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2008, 09:17:32 PM »
My shoulders started killing me today from all those R&S GASM rides!

TDK had the most security presence of any ride that day.
I think with the fact that there were no real lines they just didn't care about the cutting.
But just try to get a third re-ride on Nitro when there is no line!
I thought she would call security on us...

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2008, 09:23:13 PM »
I thought about posting a trip report for the day and calling it 'Opposite Day.' I didn't care for some of the employees' unprofessional behavior (Nitro attendant, El Toro line employees, Runaway Train attendants, front gate Security supervisor, The Dark Knight Security.) I am thankful that it was opposite occurances and not a regular thing. The other crews that I mentioned in one of my earlier posts were better than Cedar Fair crews.

Ok. My horse is now dead.
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline coastermom

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2008, 10:32:06 PM »
Don't knock that horse yet ...Wade has his TR to post and why not just beat it a little more .. I know the stories can only get better at this point .

Offline Pashacar

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2008, 10:56:10 PM »
Wow, sorry to hear that other people are having trouble with TDK security too. People cut right under their nose. The other day I said something to a kid who cut me and he threatened me, all with three guards right nearby. It was really scary actually, and I said something to the guards who then went to watch the line more intently.

Honestly, though, the only people I've ever seen security hassle have been ones that look innocent, generally mothers and fathers of families who they know won't put up too much of a fight. All the scary looking, thug kids who cause the most problems never seem to have anything happen to them. I honestly think security is scared of them and I'm sorry to say it looks like management is letting that fly. We need some beefier, bolder people on the security staff, and they really ought to bring back the lifeguard chairs. How are they supposed to bust cutters if they can only see a tiny fraction of the line?

Now that the can of worms is open, this is actually something I've been thinking about for a long time. I really think that now that the smoking policy is so well-enforced, line cutting needs to be the next frontier. Staff lines well and really crack down; put up tons of clear signs and kick people out at the first offense (just like the smoking policy). This will truly recondition park guests' behavior, just the way the park has done with the Smoking policy, and it's a step that really, really needs to be taken to fix up the park experience.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2008, 11:21:05 PM »
Honestly, though, the only people I've ever seen security hassle have been ones that look innocent, generally mothers and fathers of families who they know won't put up too much of a fight.

Honestly, I am not big at all and I think I look pretty innocent, but I always seem to get stopped by security when I am filming...

Dan, the whole Runaway Mine Train inccident just made me laugh because it was so ridiculous. Some people just have no consideration what-so-ever.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2008, 05:50:19 AM »
I've been on Dark Knight 2 times and I was cut by multiple people both of those times with security and employees present not saying a word.  They especially need to watch for it first thing when people run to the ride and others in their group try to catch up.  If the people in front can't wait for their friends, they don't deserve to be together!

On a positive note, as Dan said, the grouper on Dark Knight was excellent.  The first time I rode, no one was grouping and many cars went out with just 2 people.  This time, she was calling way far into the line just to get 2 people to fill every car.  Good job there!

I agree, Pashacar, they need to treat line jumping the same as smoking.  When people start to see ejections from people cutting in line, maybe they'll think twice about doing it themselves.  Letting line jumping slide doesn't project a good family park image.

Inquiring minds want to know--what incident are you referring to on Runaway Mine Train, Matt?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:54:43 AM by coastersue »

Offline Pashacar

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »
The dumbest thing about it is that it's not even a cost-cutting thing, since there are so many security guards and they're generally in every major ride line. They have every capability to prevent it; they just don't. They should really put in elevated booths, have one guard sit up there and watch, then have him radio down to a second guard staffing the line to kick the people out. I don't get how the new management can go so strong on security and other policies, then neglect line cutting so and let it grow to the worst level that I can ever remember it at in this park.

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2008, 10:55:47 AM »
The only reason why I can see them permitting the line cutting at TDK is that the people entering the line late may have been using the lockers. The Security Officer who tells a guest that they are not permitted to enter the line until they use a locker should instruct the guest that their party must enter the line together and the locker attendant taking the cash should do the same. At Runaway Train, two children from a family of four asked if they could ride again. They asked so many times that by the time they decided to park it, the other two were sitting in a row where other people were waiting. These guests became frozen in time and they couldn't figure it out they were not in the empty row that they were told to go. The employees were equally frozen but they were new and probably learned their lesson right there that Saturday guests are plain dumb. Like Matt said to me, if they went around to the entrance, they would have been on the train faster. Thankfully the park was empty 
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline coastermom

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2008, 11:40:32 AM »
I was there a few weeks ago and I have to say that a group of Thugs tried to get around us . I did not let them pass with my two friends one who was a former NYPD officer . I have had it with these thugs that think they can do whatever they want because they look the way they do . My friend and I were very happy when yet another person on line called the ride attendent and a few announcements were made about cutting and the thugs did have to go to the back of the line . I call it a small victory but again it shouldn't have to be like that .

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2008, 02:23:56 PM »
I hate to say this, but things like this is what agrivates people and makes people choose places like Hershey or Dorney, over GADV, the next time they go to an amusement park.

Last year the guards were on the money, and would throw people out left and right...What happened?  :(

We need to hire some MLB umpires, and just like my Yankees, they can throw everybody out  :P
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 02:25:27 PM by RobbW »
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline Pashacar

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2008, 04:28:42 PM »
Hey Wade, can we count on that wacky trip report soon? You piqued my curiosity.