Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 7/7/08 Knoebels PTR  (Read 5707 times)

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
7/7/08 Knoebels PTR
« on: July 12, 2008, 05:38:46 PM »
This past Monday I took my first trip to Knoebels and met my roomate for the Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II trip as well as Chris Gray from Great Coasters International Inc. at night. I've heard great things about Knoebels and its coasters. I was very impressed with everything in the park; the coasters, the rides, the food, the (cheap) prices, the quick crews, and the laid-back feeling. What an awesome place! We payed 37$ for unlimited rides and coasters. Here's a list of what we went on:
(Go here to see what each ride is or just check out my pictures http://www.knoebels.com/carousel-roller-coaster.asp)
Phoenix x5
Twister x5
Wipeout x1
Fandango x1
High Speed Thrill Coaster x1
The Whip x1
Power Surge x2
The Galleon (Pirate Ship) x1
Looper x1
Flyers x2
Satellite x2
Flume x1
Cosmotron x1
Haunted Mansion x1
101 Nachts x1
Downdraft x1
Tilt-a-Whirl x1
Skooter Bumper Cars x2
Grand Carousel x1

Now for the pictures. Let me just start off by saying how awesome the crews are here. They are super quick. With a one train operation, they get the trains out of the station as quick as possible- maybe in about 30 seconds, if that.

Welcome to Knoebels!

Here is a large park map. Knoebels is much bigger than I expected it to be.

One of the really nice buildings that can be seen around the park. This one reminds me of Busch Gardens Europe.

Downdraft. Probably my least favorite ride of the day.

I've been on a Power Surge before, but I don't remember it being as good as this one. It was one of my favorite flats of the day.

Now we come to The Phoenix, now my #2 wooden coaster. We rode in many places, but the 3rd row is still my favorite.

ACE landmark... Why wouldn't it be?  :D

Here is a really impressive and accurate model of the Phoenix.

The (log) Flume was a really fun ride. Here is a fancy picture I took of it.

The Haunted House was the scariest and best one I have ever been on.

This random house was right in the center of the park. I'm guessing the owners of Knoebels live here/own this house. Does anyone know?

Knoebels' other world class wooden coaster, Twister. Twister is a very unique coaster which I really enjoyed. It deserves a spot in my top 10 wooden  coasters.

This coaster winds through itself a bunch of times, and at high speeds too.

What an awesome tunnel! It was great and I was not expecting it the first time I rode it.

Flying turns!! Not open yet, but testing with testers on it while we were there. Maybe next year for me.

High Speed Thrill Coaster. Credit #74 for me!

My first Flyer experience. They were insane! I have never been so frightened when I was on a flat ride!

My favorite flat in the park. The old fashioned Satellite. I've been on a similar ride at a carnival when I was younger, but this one was different- it turns horizontal in the middle of the cycle.

Here are two things that reminded me of Roller Coaster Tycoon. This lemonade stand and slide, which yes, I did go on.

I know this is a long PTR, but I just have so many pictures that I want to post. I am almost done...

Fandango. Very fun, but I think I like the claw ones better.

New for 2008, Wipeout.

If all Carousels were like this one I'd actually ride them.

Here i am in front of the entrance/logo to Twister.

Finally:

I had an awesome day at Knoebels. It is one of my favorite parks. Everything is reasonably priced and everyone is very friendly. My lunch cost only $6.75 for a drink and the "Three Amigos Platter" which consisted of one taco, one burrito, and a quesadilla. It was really good too.
Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 07:42:22 PM by Millennium Force 44 »

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
Re: 7/7/08 Knoebels PTR
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 06:55:55 PM »
I'm happy you had a great day at Knoebels. It is one of the best parks in the country in my opinion! And I too found the Flyers a little intimidating the first time I rode them

-Dainan "Can't wait for the Flying Turns to open" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 07:59:46 PM »
Is that ( Three amigo's)  back in the international food court ?     

Can't wait to go back just for Cheese on a Stick

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 08:13:52 PM »
Sounds like the "Three Amigos" plater would make for a fun ride home!
I've really got to get out to visit Knoebels!

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 11:26:24 PM »
Is that ( Three amigo's)  back in the international food court ?     

Can't wait to go back just for Cheese on a Stick

Yes it is. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it. If you like taco bell, you will love this. It tasted exactly like taco bell, which is a great thing for me since taco bell is one of the fast food places I will eat at.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 10:13:18 PM »
Nice trip report!  Ironically, friends of mine were there that day.  They have a 6 year old that rode Phoenix for the first time ever  so it was quite a day for them.  I was looking through all your pics to see if you happen to catch them lol

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 11:59:29 PM »
Matt I hope you join us at PPP this year or sometime in the future. If you think riding the Flyers were scary, I hope you get to ride it with some of the members of the board. Some people are trying to go upside down.
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 12:53:51 AM »
lol Dan. Yea I am really hoping to go to that this year.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 06:57:14 PM »
Matt I hope you join us at PPP this year or sometime in the future. If you think riding the Flyers were scary, I hope you get to ride it with some of the members of the board. Some people are trying to go upside down.

8)   ;D