Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: No El Toro for Opening Day  (Read 11274 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
No El Toro for Opening Day
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 05:19:02 AM »
Well it doesn't suprise me it won't be open for opening day . I really didn't think it would be according to the photo's comming out either from the park or from other message boards . I wonder if BBNP is even being worked on at this point? And where is this BBNP going anyway I just can't picture it in my head with the layout for el toro . Anyone know? with a 4 year old I am sure we will be in there at sometime  :wink: .

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
  • Holy atomic pile, Batman!
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2006, 07:47:42 AM »
BBNP is not really attached to PDC in any way. It is over by where the bandstand is by the lake.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2006, 09:11:18 AM »
Ok now i get it . The way it sounded it made me think it was over there by toro and RT but now i know where it is good move since there is plenty of space there that has just sat there wasted. the bandstand never really had anything going on and it was kind of falling apart . I wonder if it is getting knocked down or are we going to have a kiddie show? i guess we will see this spring/ summer

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2006, 09:58:14 AM »
http://amusementpics.com/SFGAdv%20Shows%2005/We%20Got%20The%20Beat/SFGAWGTB.htm Thanks, Tom.

Not sure they will knock it down since they just re did the whole thing to house "We got the beat" . Plus it factors in with the theme of BBNP.

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2006, 11:27:24 AM »
Quote from: "Bubba Z"
Yes....every ride at CP is open on opening day (yes, even TTD opened with the park in 2003), HW's Voyage, which is a MUCH larger project than Toro will be ready for May, SFOG's Goliath will be all ready for their opening day, Hydra was open for DP's opening day, the Italian Job's have opened/will open with their respective parks, Nitro and Medusa opened with GADV....most parks open their new coasters on opening day

Ok, so I missed a couple , but I will and did still ride those coasters  the first year they were built. It's not a big deal that the coaster won't be open for three weekends in April. That's only 9 days of operation. It's not like that's the only ride going to be open come opening day. I can wait.

Viper being knocked down earlier wouldn't have done much in terms of keeping RT open, as vertical construction couldn't have started with RT open.

They wouldn't have had to gone vertical. They could have put in footers Earlier than Oct 2nd worked on the station. cleared out the whole infield of RT. With Viper gone  it would have saved some time is all I'm saying.

1) More than 9 days. April is spring break time, a time of year in which a good amount of people come to the park and get their first impressions.

2) Most of the footers on Toro stretch out across the PDC, and unless they closed RT and the area, they could have never started that construction. The footers haven't slowed down the lift hill, the sheer height of it and slow progress has. Also, RT's infield was pretty much cleared before it closed.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2006, 12:07:04 PM »
Alex this could go back and forth for a while.  :lol:   Ok so let's say it opens May 1st  That's  only 15 days out of 167 for the season. Granted, not opening spring break does hurt. But if that many people do come to check out El Toro that just means they will be back to ride. Which equals more money for the park in return makes it even a nicer place to be.

How many days out of April were you planning on going ?  Compared to the rest of the season?

the sheer height of it
Good point !

You're turn  :wink:

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2006, 04:24:53 PM »
Spring break is a time for families taking trips. It is very rare a family will go back to the same spot later in the year, outside of the local area. And for a coaster like KK they might actually come back, but for a wooden coasters....no. And even if it is only 15 days, that still leaves a lot of impressions with the GP. With KK, they sure weren't good impressions.

I usually go to April at least 2x, as crowds get very heavy in the summer.

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2006, 05:34:56 PM »
^ i know i'm off topic here but i still have alot of co-workers and bosses who want to ride KK despite the accident. Of course they know i'm well versed in coaster tech and what-not and they know i'll give them the straight scoop.

Back on topic here, I suspected from the begining El Toro wouldn't be ready for opening day so i'm not upset. No, I'm not upset at all. i just hope i don't have to put in for a day off from work to go to the opening.
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2006, 06:30:01 PM »
Well, this argument has grown pointless.  The ride won't be open for opening day, nothing we can do about that, so it is time to move on folks.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!