Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 8/27 Quick TR  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
8/27 Quick TR
« on: August 28, 2008, 08:10:34 AM »
Last night I met up with AVMatt at KFC for dinner then we did some coastering. We didn't get in to the park until close to 7, or a little after. The parking lot was a lot more crowded than I had hoped for but it turned out to be no big deal. We got in the park and went right to Kingda Ka and noticed 4 trains running. The line was about an hour long I'd say... I'm really not sure though. We rode row 2 of the Orange train and walked over to El Toro with a full queue. We ended up getting on, and then Bubba met us and we got on again with him. It seemed to be faster than normal, I don't remember getting air going in to the first turnaround ever before. Nitro was next, with a line filled to the start of the main switchbacks. 3 trains running, we got on fairly quickly. I'd say the line would have been about 30-40 minutes, but again, I'm not too sure. Skull Mountain was a walk on... they took a lap on Scream Machine while I stood in a blue box. The Parade had started by now, so we watched as we walked towards Medusa... You'll have to ask them how Medusa was running. I got lost in the shuffle.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: 8/27 Quick TR
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 08:25:59 AM »
Tacos were good, great to see you in the jungle Rob. I had fun hanging out with you guys.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 08:38:03 AM »
It was a good night regardless of my own personal issues. I'm amazed that the park was so busy on a Wendesday night without a concert, but I guess that's good for them. Everything was running Max capacity, and Skull Mountain had music and strobes. I also forgot to mention we took a lap on Footsie Wootsie the ride. Only being there for 3 hours and killing a lot of time BS-ing and walking around, we did pretty good with the lines being so long... it was almost like magic ;)

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:20:30 PM »
Wow, you went to Kingda Ka first!?!?! That's a suprise!

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 12:58:45 PM »
It was my idea, Chuck. I wanted to give it another try. The only other time I rode it was my credit lap in 2006. It still sucks. ::)

ET was running pretty good last night. I have come to seriously enjoy this ride. It's still nowhere close to being one of my favorite woodies, BUT it's better than just about every one of the 400 steel coasters I've ridden. :)

Finally got to experience Skull Mountain with the effects. I must say, I think it's better in complete darkness; although, the strobe was cool.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 01:04:31 PM »
The strobe effect was kind of weak honestly. I liked it better when they flashed throug the entire ride and it wasnt just a small "wall" of about 5 lights... the potential is there, it just hasn't been grasped yet.

And Chuck, I figured I'd risk my life one last time, for Matt's sake ;)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 05:11:34 PM »
There needs to be more strobe effect!

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 06:30:33 PM »
"I'm telling ya, you're gonna want that strobe effect"

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 06:58:53 PM »
Yeah, the strobe was executed poorly, but the concept of having a strobe going is cool. Wish they did it right after THE DROP. :)