Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Fall Family Fun Night 9/26  (Read 7147 times)

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
Fall Family Fun Night 9/26
« on: September 24, 2008, 01:51:46 PM »
This Friday, September 26, is Fall Family Fun Night. Is anyone planning on going.

I am going, I just hope the weather isn't as bad as predicted.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Re: Fall Family Fun Night 9/26
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »
I missed OBF because of the bad weather forecasters.
Hopefully they are equally as wrong this time too.

I may go either way...I haven't had a wet ride on El Toro in quite some time.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 02:54:05 PM »
I'll be there.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 06:00:54 PM »
If it rains, I will not be there.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »
I'm in!

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 08:48:29 PM »
I wish we could go . we have a wedding to go to that night. I am hopeful that it will not rain all day saturday so we can get some rides in before FF starts and it becomes a ZOO there .

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 08:57:15 PM »
See you guys there!

BTW, did anyone get an e-mail with the bring a friend coupon for 14.99? I am bringing a friend who doesn't have a season pass and I want to make sure she can get in-I called Six Flags and they said I can get the coupon that night at guest relations, I just hope that's true.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 09:41:38 PM »
Has anyone determined if non-Great Adventure SF passes are or are not valid for this event? There's been talk in the past that only people with GAdv Premium Passes are eligible. Hope my SF St. Louis pass gets me in.  :-\

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 11:14:31 PM »
Hey, maybe we can get a GROUP picture.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 02:07:48 AM »
^ By Chiller would be awesome

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 03:24:59 AM »
I didn't realize the threat of rain was so serious... if it's bad, I most likely wont be there. I was looking forward to my last visit there :(

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 08:41:18 PM »
Unfortunately I will not be there as I have family matters to deal with this weekend :(
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 01:33:39 PM »
Sorry guys, heading to the shore for the weekend.  Leaving shortly actually.  We need some time away after the month I've had so were ditching ALL 3 kids this weekend.

In a warped way, I'd really rather be at Gadv LOL  It's not like we'll be on the beach this weekend.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 01:42:04 PM »
I'll be there! Working! LOL
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline coastermom

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 07:50:10 AM »
So how was it ? With a 100% chance of rain today looks like this weekend is out for us . Maybe next week we will have to see ...

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 08:13:40 AM »
They closed the park early at 7:30PM early because of the low attendance, not the weather.
I kind of expected that to happen.  As you entered the park they told you they might close early.
It was just a thick misty fog most of the night.

I feel sorry for the people who showed up later in the evening.
This is where posting something on their web site would be very useful!

The Dark Knight was actually running really well.  (And I finally saw Batman on his motorcycle! )
Nitro was down for the night.
I ran into Matt, Rob and Reggie at different points of the night.
Really not a bad trip for less than 2.5 hours in the park.

I also think there is a concert in the park today.  If you want another reason to not go.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 09:35:38 AM »
It was DEAD. I counted 40 something cars in the parking lot when I pulled in around 6:15... They ended up closing at 7:30 and had 1 train on each coaster except for Dark Knight and Skull Mountain. Nitro and Batman closed early (before I even got there). Kingda Ka was also closed before the park even opened. We got a few rides on Toro, one on RT, one on Superman, one on Dark Knight and one on Skull Mountain. It was a fun night, but unfortunatly they closed early.

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 12:02:18 PM »
KK being closed is obvious because of the weather. It shouldn't have been expected.

Weather played a part in closing early. Bad weather + very low attendance = park closes early. It saves the company money, which they need right now. The only way the park would make some sort of profit last night was from food and merch stands, but not like in the overall end that would be enough to counter the amount of money spent to run it for the day.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 12:59:28 PM »
I'm going to go off in a little rant here, and probably contradict myself more than once, but if you're going to hold a special "season pass" night once a year... why wouldn't you stay open regardless of attendance? How much $$ were they expecting to make anyway? I don't know too many people with season passes that would spend any money in the park when it's only open for 5 hours. I know I might sound selfish, but they shouldn't have closed their gates early to us season pass holders. I also understand that closing early to a guest that pays $X to get in the park is wrong as well. I'm not trying to start a CF vs. SF thing here, but while at CP a few weeks ago, it literally POURED rain for hours on Saturday, didn't clear up until 4 or 5 p.m. and the park was a ghost town. They had to beg people to stay on Dragster so they can run it with full trains. Did they close? No, they stayed open until midnight, with EVERY coaster running. GAdv closed Nitro early and Batman early last night, not to mention the entire park. I'm not really sure what I'm trying to get at here, but I just felt like ranting and raving for a minute.

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2008, 01:36:40 PM »
Cedar Point probably stayed open because it was a Saturday, but that's cool that they stuck it out and stayed open. SFGAdv couldn't call every season pass holder and tell them if the day had been rescheduled (or could they?) I wonder if Nitro was closed for technical difficulties. If not, that's different.

Heck, I'll say it anyway...Six Flags could earn bundles of money by charging people to use SFStl's, SFGAm, and SFNE's Hurricane Harbor. It's an honor to be one of the rich people with oodles of cash to spend at Six Flags, but you know...other parks can pick up the slag now and again.

Shnell
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 08:22:39 PM by darkridedan »
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »
Waaaaahhhh....

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2008, 05:32:09 PM »
I also understand that closing early to a guest that pays $X to get in the park is wrong as well.
It is, but that is not the case with closing early yesterday. People had season passes. They purchased before, and probably got either 2 or 3 visits before, so the pass was paid off.

So the park closed early, o well. It happens. Its not like Six Flags is the only park that does this.
Season pass holders have a season pass. So, they can go anytime. Its not like they made everyone purchase a ticket and then said screw you were closing the park. There is still about 5 weeks left. Just be happy they don't make SP holders pay extra like Universal does for the Halloween event. Then we would not hear the end of it....

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2008, 07:29:35 PM »
I understand what you are saying... all I'm saying is that they honestly couldn't have expected to make much money that night, especially after changing the date without much notice... Don't throw an event for a certain group and close early without expecting to get some negative feedback about it.

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2008, 09:02:48 PM »
I understand what you are saying... all I'm saying is that they honestly couldn't have expected to make much money that night, especially after changing the date without much notice... Don't throw an event for a certain group and close early without expecting to get some negative feedback about it.

agreed

Offline coastermom

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 08:26:27 AM »

agreed

I have to say we would have went had it been the week earlier . Someone obvously made a big mistake planning two events at once. That said had we gone , We would have gotten dinner there as well and might have brought a friend or two . I can see people being annoyed with the park closing early I would have been had I been able to go and then took the hour long trip to get there . It is unfair to do it to the season pass holders though . this is your lifeline remember season pass holders generally buy them year after year and are the ones that come most often . Just my 2 cents on it.