Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Fall Family Fun Night 9/26  (Read 7151 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Fall Family Fun Night 9/26
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 09:37:46 AM »
I'm with ya Rob.  BUT, the financial crisis they are in right now has changed their business model.  At least temporarily.  They literally may not have enough credit to leverage to make it through the season park-wide and these major coasters cost a TON of money to run.  Just the electric savings alone made it make sense to close early.  Had the park still had a decent crowd even though it was raining, I think they would have remained open.

So yes, I agree.  But they don't have that option right now.  They did the right thing from a business perspective which right now is the ONLY option.

Hopefully in the years to come these type of situations will no longer occur but for now we just have to deal unfortunately :(

There is another thread on here regarding their finanancial situation.  I mentioned there and I'll say it here - THEY MUST HAVE GOOD RESULTS THIS QUARTER!  If they don't, they are in biiiiggggg trouble.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 12:25:27 PM »
The park closed down at 4:00PM on Saturday.
Seems like they are making some tough business decisions now.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 01:44:36 PM »
Wow, this is starting to get kinda scary.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 12:28:40 AM »
It was a smart move from a business point of view, and did indeed save money...However, I think they could have stayed open a touch later because of the generally positive feedback people get out of these Season Pass nights, which is good. Unfortunately, it seemed it created more negativity then positivity because of what happened :(

They could also be going green and be reducing their carbon footprint :P

Hate to be a bearer of bad news, but I just can't see it happening when Wall St. itself is looking to be bailed out. I wish and hope SIX does indeed pull great numbers, but the market is a nose hair from completely coming undone.
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]