Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: New Year Brings New Babies To Six Flags Wild Safari..  (Read 3424 times)

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
New Year Brings New Babies To Six Flags Wild Safari..
« on: January 26, 2006, 01:34:12 PM »
I recieved this in the mail today....

Jackson N.J.- Six Flags Wild Safari celebrates the new year with the arrival of three new lion cubs and a bison calf. The new arrivals are the begining of a rebirth for the Wild Safari animal park.

The 350-acre safari is home to more than 1,200 animals from around the globe, including bison, elk, giraffes, bears, lions, tigers, elephants, rhinos, antelopes, kangaroos and much more. The Wild Safari's staff continues to enhance the guest experience by introducing new offspring.

The arrival of the approximately 30-pound male bison marks the first birth of the Safari's 2006 season. Bison, commonly referred to as "buffalo", can be found in the Great Plains of the United States and Canada. Born with a reddish-brown coat, the male's appearance will eventually transform into a shaggy, dark brown coat like the rest of his ancestors. Since bison are readily accepted into their herds, the new calf already joined the rest of his family in the American section of the Safari.

Also joining the Safari are three new African lion cubs. The three fenale sisters range from five to 18 months of age, the largest already weighing approximately 225 pounds. A full grown female can eventually weigh up to 400 pounds. Since lions mainly reside in the wide open plains of Africa's heartland, the three new additions will join their pride in the African section of the Safari.

"It has been more than a decade since we introduced a lion cub, so this new addition is very significant to the Wild Safari," said the park's director Dr. Bill Rives. "These cubs mark the beginning of a new generation of lions and we anticipate more Safari births this year including yak, black bear, giraffe and eland."

Park guests can see these safari additions any operating day April 1 through October 29 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. . For more information visit www.sixflags.com

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 01:36:23 PM »
Here's the pic to go with the PR story...  :D

SOOOO Cute!

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 02:07:56 PM »
When Wade comes back stuff like this will be posted to the actual website appropriately instead of my cheeezy way I just did it lol. Same goes for any news on auditions etc...

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 02:52:13 PM »
That's cwute. :D
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 03:28:58 PM »
Awwwww....

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 11:57:57 AM »
AWWW they are so cute!!! :D

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 04:55:31 PM »
Yet another reason to get back to the finest park in the Six Flags chain...

I take it these babies are family attractions suitable even to the Messrs Shapiro and Snyder....

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 10:14:36 PM »
AWWWWW!!!

We were actually sad we didn't have time to go to Wild Safari while we were there.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/