Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: New Teaching Experience at the Wild Safari!  (Read 2520 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
New Teaching Experience at the Wild Safari!
« on: December 16, 2008, 03:08:18 PM »
I came across this information as I was looking to update this website. I don't know if it's new to everyone but it's definitely new to me!

The Wild Safari is now offering two new programs aimed at the classroom. The first is called Journeys in Learning, which is basically a guided tour around the safari for educational groups. The second is called Wild Encounters, where the Wild Safari Animal Ambassadors will actually come to a classroom with some of the exotic animals and give a presentation!

There does not seem to be any time restriction on these programs, so they must run year-round. Which could mean that part of the reason these were created was to give the full time employees something to do, but still!

If anyone has any experiences with either of these programs let us know! I'd love to know what goes on during one of their classroom presentations. Personally I think these two ideas are great, and I hope that schools in the area take advantage of them, and I hope that this is only the beginning for what the Wild Safari will offer to the area.

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
Re: New Teaching Experience at the Wild Safari!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 03:11:46 PM »
Journeys in Learning was around last year. I remember seeing all of these kids run around because they had a class trip.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
Re: New Teaching Experience at the Wild Safari!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 04:39:43 PM »
I like these ideas, its always awesome when you can see the animals up close :D
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]