Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: WDW TR - Broadband recommended - Lots of photos  (Read 3497 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
WDW TR - Broadband recommended - Lots of photos
« on: February 03, 2006, 04:17:06 PM »
I'll just show some highlights of our recent DisneyWorld trip.

We stayed at the Corronado Springs Resort and Convention Center.  This wouldn't have been our first choice but my wife had a conference to attend there.

The group consisted of my wife and 2 kids as well as my mom and dad for part of the trip (to help while my wife was busy conferencing)

Here is the resort check-in:

View across the lake:

Lobby Fountain:

Lake at night:

My dad rented a Boston Whaler which my son LOVED:

It was actually a really nice boat:

I told him to say "cheese":

Kyle says "yo yo yo, wuts up man":

The first day we arrived was the LAST ever day for Tarzan Rocks at Animal Kingdom :( .  We made it into the 2nd to last performance.  The final performance was already sold out before we were able to exit the arena.  This show will be dearly missed.  Here is the arena filling to capacity for the show we saw:

Animal Kingdom has a GREAT parade:

Kilamajaro is awesome in the morning.  Tons of animals were out:

You can see the baby elephant in there:

This guy actually started to worry us.  He was literally running along side our truck! :

Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours rock!  There was NOBODY at It's tough to be a bug! :

Usually its very hard to get a picture here because of the crowds:

3 year-old; Out cold.... 1 year-old; ready to go!

Now over to Magic Kingdom where we met up with Uncle Steve and Aunt Brenda:

Luke is yelling FASTER; Kyle is saying stop stop stop stop on the teacups:

You knew there had to be castle shots:

Can't take one without the other!

Here I am still attempting to learn my cameras night-modes:

This time the opposite happened; the 1 year-old was out cold:

Now over to Epcot.  Got to see the giant globe from Reflections of Earth float out.  Lucky timing I guess:

Fun street act over by France:

Epcot has some of the greatest landscaping of any theme park out there:

You can also checkout my Everest pictures here - http://gadvupdates.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=22&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Overall it was a great trip.  I'm not certain we'll be staying at this resort ever again.  It was VERY nice but not a good place for kids (although it did have one amazing pool area).

Some highlights of the trip was my 3 year-old going on Splash and Big Thunder Mountain (he is tall for 3).  He also went on Soar'n with us and loved them all.  It was also neat going on some of these rides with my dad who is getting to be a bit older now.  Thats what is so great about Disney World.  You can ride so many things together.

Thanks for reading!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 04:38:49 PM »
That hotel looks amazing! I really need to go down to Animal Kingdom next time I am down there.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 07:27:57 PM »
Thanks for the great pix and report.

Your little guys ar so cute! :)

Offline Metsman.

• Balin's Jungleland
  • Open your eyes, I'm a blessing in disguise
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 07:56:25 PM »
Thanks a lot for the update Wade. I'm starting to second-guess doing IoA as my Orland park this month  :?

BTW, your kids are so cute!  :D

Top 10 Coasters: S:RoS (SFNE), X, Nitro, Kingda Ka, TTD, Millenium Force, Apollo, She

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 11:46:54 PM »
Great Trip Report Wade !
Sounded like everyone had a great trip except for Cornado Springs.
What is your favorite hotel to stay at on Disney property ?

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 07:05:27 AM »
Wow, looks like you guys had a great time! With my wife now 4 1/2 months pregnant, I can't wait until I get to share the magic of Disney with my children!
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »
Congrats Stew! Wade, the boys really do look like they had a blast! I can't wait to take my guys  :D  I still want to do a Knoebel's gathering with all our kids together and the spouses too!

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 08:44:35 AM »
Those are some really cute kids there enjoy them when they are little because at 13 and 10 you will want to knock them out!!! :lol: my 4 year old still cute though .

I am glad you had fun at WDW i am considering a trip there this summer BUT it would have to be a 2 week deal . We have family to visit , IOA and USF to do for the older ones and WDW for the baby . I usually stay at the port orleans riverside  not too bad for kids over there .

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 11:16:18 AM »
Quote from: "GADVwow"
Thanks for the great pix and report.

Your little guys ar so cute!

Ha, thanks... unfortunately, I think they know it and use it to their advantage all the time lol.  They are both a blast to take there though.  The CM's eat them up.  I swear men learn to flirt from the very first moment they are born.

Quote from: "OrlandoRocks"
Great Trip Report Wade !
Sounded like everyone had a great trip except for Cornado Springs.
What is your favorite hotel to stay at on Disney property ?

Our favorite by far is Port Orleans Riverside.  (RIP Dixie)  We have stayed at almost every resort there at this point and by FAR the WORST is Pop Century IMO.

Quote from: "stew560"
Wow, looks like you guys had a great time! With my wife now 4 1/2 months pregnant, I can't wait until I get to share the magic of Disney with my children!

CONGRATS Stew!  Thats awesome!  You can go next year LOL  Keep us posted on things this summer :)

btw- I probably should have elaborated more about the resort.  It REALLY WAS NICE but it just wasn't a place for little kids.  The biggest reason for this was that the resort is very spread out.  And as a result, there are constant gas powered carts driving around for 15 hours a day picking up convention goers to get them to the main area.  Basically, they work like cabs but they drive all around the sidewalks just picking people up.  I almost had a heart attack every time one would go past if my kids were running around.  

The other downside was the cafeteria area.  It was more geared towards adults.  They seated you, and then you went and picked up food at various stations.  Each meal you got they would stamp a card.  And then you paid on the way out.  This was very confusing and inconvieniant.  Plus, they charged gratuity  :x .

All of the other resorts you just walk in, go to each counter and pickup food and then pay on your way to the dining area.  You then picked your own table.

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 12:11:24 PM »
Hope you had fun. Looks like a really, really fun trip :)

Your kids are so cute.