Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Official EastCoaster News  (Read 15819 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Official EastCoaster News
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2006, 07:43:01 PM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"
This ride is sure to be a hit.  Even better is that Gadv is getting one with a different theme.  Most seem to be off-the-shelf rides.

I'm surprised the annoucement of a new website didn't spark more excitement lol.  That has been long needed.

And I know a certain someone on this site is going to appreciate the official policy on child-swapping being available at Guest Relations ;)

ALL I CAN SAY IS IT IS ABOUT TIME !!!!  :D  :D

Yes wade you are right I knew this was comming as I had asked the park it's self  (on the web site there is now an e-mail address for comments) . I did recieve an e-mail from S. Kaplan telling me it will be very close to the CP program . This will make me more willing to go more often as my older two want to live in the park . I do truley hope it works out and is up and running by June. This is truley a BIG deal for us and it does make SFGADV rank a little closer in geting it's act together.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006, 09:20:54 AM »
As most of you all now they will be installing a Flying turns at knoebels
but no new news at eastcoaster about it.
http://www.knoebels.com/update.htm

Also  a few of the Cedar fair parks will have cotton candy for only 25 cents
I think this includes CP, Dorney, Geauga Lake  etc.

Also I don't know if this was mentioned but Paramonut  gave out a Nylon bag with a free pass and a strip of about 6 exit passes

Kristin was very excited about the new Six flgas management and the upcoming changes   she mentioned all rides will be running unless they are actual mechanical probelms.
I talked with her about  long food lines and coasters running one train (ex. rolling thunder) and her biggest problem was trying to find hired help I suggested more employer perks and she said they are doing that and other.
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 11:21:13 AM »
Quote from: "pcman"
Kristin was very excited about the new Six flgas management and the upcoming changes   she mentioned all rides will be running unless they are actual mechanical probelms.
I talked with her about  long food lines and coasters running one train (ex. rolling thunder) and her biggest problem was trying to find hired help I suggested more employer perks and she said they are doing that and other.

For the first time in a long time, I seriously believe they are going to do the things they say they are.  For once the management has the support of corporate to get things fixed.  If it results in higher parking prices and more expensive season passes, so be it.  It will be worth it in the long run if they actually do what they say they will.

Although I've often wondered why Six Flags can't do a simple perk like cheap cotton candy or maybe free soda refills or something.  Little perks like that people really remember.

Thanks for the report pcman.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2006, 12:08:13 PM »
I know the free refills they had at Lake Compounce this year was awesome. Geez, now I wish I went for those 6 exit passes for Paramount Parks because I plan to go to PKI this year.

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2006, 12:08:46 PM »
Sounds great. I can't wait until the 2006 season, its going to be a great one.

At the moment I post this:
54 days, 21 hours 49 minutes.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »
For the first time in a long time, I seriously believe they are going to do the things they say they are.  For once the management has the support of corporate to get things fixed.  If it results in higher parking prices and more expensive season passes, so be it.  It will be worth it in the long run if they actually do what they say they will.

I couldn't have said it better. I was initally worried about another year of "promises" that may or may not come true, but like you said, they now have corporate support. I fully support higher prices if it directly reflects into a better parkgoing experience!
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2006, 03:41:37 PM »
I agree
a few extra $ for a better experience  is worth it.

The free tickets will have me driving down to KD  this year

there was a few empty seats at my table so I got  a total of 3 tickets
and I have a few posters  etc.

Also there are so many Park sponsored  Coaster events this year  almost like every week in May/June   one price ERT  FOOD FOOD FOOD  more ERT
I will do at least  Dorney, GrtAdv , Hershey if they have one

would like to get out to CP and the other parks that weekend
Yo

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2006, 06:20:47 PM »
Quote from: "ChuckR"
I know the free refills they had at Lake Compounce this year was awesome. Geez, now I wish I went for those 6 exit passes for Paramount Parks because I plan to go to PKI this year.

The exit passes are only for PKD.  You get one for Hypersonic, one for Volcano, and three for any other coaster in the park.  They are only good on Wednesdays from May 31-Aug 30.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2006, 06:36:20 PM »
I also plan to go to PKD as well but during the spring. I never been there before and with FOF being closed that puts a bummer on things.

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2006, 07:25:16 PM »
I'm going to PKD as well. i just can't let those exit passes go to waste :wink: .
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006, 11:07:11 PM »
Heh, I have to get back down to VA, I loved PKD and BGW. I can't wait for all the parks to reopen  :D
is back? in black?

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2006, 09:32:50 AM »
Chuck with Hypersonic, IJST and Volcano it's still a good time. Plus the fact PKI has the same ride and you've been on Jokers Jinx. So your really not missing much. Oh and Nate, are you going on the 8th to PKD?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2006, 09:38:07 AM »
Back on the topic of Tango, I gotta say I'm a little bit disappointed at the 42" height requirement.  IBlackbeards is 36" with a parent...  This ride is a fairly tame family flat.  

Morey's allows guests under 42" to ride with a parent so hopefully this is the same deal and it just isn't posted anywhere yet.  Otherwise, my son will probably have to wait until September to ride it unless he has another growth spurt.

Oh well, regardless I'm sure it will still be there next year lol

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2006, 11:42:50 AM »
Quote from: "Bubba Z"
Chuck with Hypersonic, IJST and Volcano it's still a good time. Plus the fact PKI has the same ride and you've been on Jokers Jinx. So your really not missing much. Oh and Nate, are you going on the 8th to PKD?

Actually, I think JJ is better, no MCBR.

I will definately be at PKD on April 8th.  For those watching, Coaster Zombies has an event there on April 8th.  It includes ERT on Volcano, lunch, and prizes.  It is $40 ($20 if you already have a pass) and you don't have to be a member of any club to go, you just have to sign up for it.  If you have never been to one of those events, they are awesome.  The park treats us great, and being early in the seaon, it is usually not too busy.

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2006, 11:49:46 AM »
Back on the topic of Tango, I gotta say I'm a little bit disappointed at the 42" height requirement.  IBlackbeards is 36" with a parent...  This ride is a fairly tame family flat.  

Morey's allows guests under 42" to ride with a parent so hopefully this is the same deal and it just isn't posted anywhere yet.  Otherwise, my son will probably have to wait until September to ride it unless he has another growth spurt.

Oh well, regardless I'm sure it will still be there next year lol

I have to think it is a misprint.  Knoebel's is also 42" without and adult.  Really scary, Phoenix and Twister simply have a minimum of 42".

Offline CoasterPete

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2006, 02:07:46 PM »
Most Zamperla kiddy rides simply require you to meet the height requirement to ride unaccompanied.  If your under the height requirment, you can ride with a responsible rider.  The only time this isn't in place is when you have a park or "state" say no to this.  

Pete
Florida's hidden secret.....the Dania Beach Hurricane!

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2006, 02:08:19 PM »
Wow, I am really thinking of doing that PKD event now. Since I never been there it is worth it for 40 bucks.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2006, 06:01:10 PM »
To keep this thread on the topic of East Coaster... I made a separate thread in Tip Reports & Meeting plans about PKD's event here  http://gadvupdates.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=285

I am pretty happy about all of the announcements for all of the parks except for FoF being closed. Hopefully all of these promises will be in place early in the year and will stay that way through out the season!

Rob

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2006, 06:35:58 PM »
My kids will love Tango :)

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2006, 06:38:54 PM »
My boys have ridden three differant Rock N Tugs. Their favroite is the one at Knoebel's because they ran a faster program. The one at the local fair was so so. The one above is at Wildwood and they thought it was decent. Rick and I rode with the boys at Knoebel's and found it to be a fun family ride.