Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Need Clementon Help!  (Read 3102 times)

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
Need Clementon Help!
« on: April 01, 2009, 11:06:36 AM »
Hey guys, with all of the nonsense going on lately in the theme park industry, with bigger parks planning on taking serious hits in attendance and things like that, especially the Florida parks, I've thought a lot about how I could spin this in a positive way to do a story on something.

Than I realized, Clementon has been around for just about ever and has always been fine.  Its survived the first depression, afterall.  So I was thinking I really need to talk to a historian about it.  I've already contacted the people I know in the park, but I really need people who know the park and have been around it for a long time.

In case your wondering, Im an editor on our schools news paper so, this is where the final product will end up should I ever finish!

the article will more than likely be based on this.. http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/609761
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: Need Clementon Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 11:10:41 AM »
PCMan might be able to help you out a bit.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: Need Clementon Help!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 05:36:26 PM »

Clementon has a historical section in its library with many photos and stories
on the park, open to the public but call first.

Danielle L. Burrows just wrote a book about Clementon and a chapter on the park, it's a great read
www.amazon.com/Clementon-Images-America-Philip-Read/dp/0738550493

She also has a article in the 2008 South Jersey magazine  i think the March or April addition i have the PDF of it somewhere i can send you.

Also John Fischer (i think that's the spelling) now passed away wrote many articles and a few books about Clementon also took many pictures

I moved to Clementon in 1969  and went to the park every year since

you may also find some info in these threads
Yo