Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Introducing Great Adventure Outpost Mobile!  (Read 15931 times)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: Introducing Great Adventure Outpost Mobile!
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 11:16:46 PM »
the only Carriers that make use of SIM cards are ATT and T-Mobile where as you can remove your card with all your info attached to it and insert it in another Unlocked GSM phone. the SIM slot for in use with say Nextel,Sprint or Verizon are Proprietary or for "other Use"

in other words stay away from any CDMA carrier if you switch phones often or want to save money and be free to use any type of phone you want..unlike Verizon and Sprint (CDMA) where you have to take your phone TO THEM and and pay them to switch your phone.

but yes we need a industry STANDARD and looks like LTE may be it

I'm hoping ATT gets the Whitestone W (an HTC Touch HD with kickstand, 3.8" screen), and Rhodium (an HTC Touch HD with QWERTY keyboard,3.8" screen) in the works soon or other phone, my TILT is about 1.3 years old already and my just jump to the FUZE before the TILT dies on me.

I have 2 phone contract ready for upgrades

FYI for you Blackberry fans

BlackBerry 9030 ‘Niagra’ - Due first half of 2009 on Verizon (NYSE: VZ), Sprint (NYSE: S), Bell and Telus for $249-$299 - EV-DO Bold, possibly dual-mode HSPA for global roaming, upgraded 3.2 megapixel camera.

BlackBerry 8930 ‘Jupiter‘ - Due first half of 2009 on Verizon, Sprint, Bell and Telus for $149-$199 - EV-DO Javelin/Curve

BlackBerry 8230 ‘Apex’ - Due first half of 2009 on Verizon, Sprint, Bell and Telus for $49-$149 - EV-DO Pearl Flip

BlackBerry 9220 ‘Magnum’ - Due second half of 2009 on Rogers and AT&T (NYSE: T) for $199, possibly announced at WES - 3G HSPA version of the 8900/Javelin/Curve

BlackBerry 9900 ‘Pluto’ - Due second half of 2009 on Rogers and AT&T for $199-$299, possibly announced at WES - Touchscreen BlackBerry Bold

Storm Slider - Unconfirmed, possible European release in 2009 for $199-$299 - Possibly with 3G and Wi-Fi

Refreshed Pearls - Due 2009 in emerging markets for $49-$149 - HSPA 3G upgrade, high-res screen

-------------
For you ATT Fans

AT&T (NYSE: T) has been running trials in Chicago to test the network upgrades that would offer data speeds of 7.2Mbps and more.

Previously, the carrier confirmed that it will be using LTE for its 4G network, adding that in the meantime they will update the existing HSPA network with faster HSPA+ technology. As a result, at some point in the future, users will experience downlink speeds of up to 14.4Mbps, as well as uplink speeds of up to 2Mbps.

In the meantime, 3.6Mbps is the best you can expect in perfect conditions
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 11:27:18 PM by PcMan »
Yo

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 02:59:55 AM »
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 07:59:11 AM »
Not you!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline redlafrance

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 01:55:46 PM »
WWooHooo..techno challenge girl actually figures out something on her phone!