Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge  (Read 2225 times)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge
« on: October 25, 2005, 06:54:53 PM »
http://www.hersheypa.com/attractions/hersheypark/rides/reeses_xtreme/index.html

It?s time to settle the score once and for all! We?re calling all REESE'S lovers to HERSHEYPARK in 2006 to compete in head-to-head, multi-sensory laser competition!

REESE'S XTREME CUP CHALLENGE is the first interactive dark ride to pit car against car in a high-energy score-fest that is unequalled anywhere in the world. Two vehicles with competing teams travel through a series of exciting competition zones featuring REESE'S-branded extreme sports events.

Hang onto your laser blasters and take aim at the targets as you swoop, climb, and dip through the action. Accumulate as many points for your team as you can ? the winning car will be declared at the end of the challenge, and a sweet reward awaits all who play!

Ride it, Smell it, Play it, Taste it, Win it!

REESE'S XTREME CUP CHALLENGE - ONLY AT HERSHEYPARK!

Offline snowboard101

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 09:32:21 PM »
Seems cool, I may be going next year for the first time in like 10 years so something more to look forward to.

El Toro Rides: 5   Kingda Ka Launches: 17

My Pictures

Offline rwk

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 12:10:39 AM »
Not every new ride has to be a major coaster or thrill ride, dark rides offer the opportunity to get out of the heat and perhaps get scared. Dorney Park has none in the summer anymore (I miss Journey to the Center of the Earth). Cedar Fair is not really into dark rides, they even closed the old Pirate Ride at Cedar Point in 1997. It moved to CP from NY in 1966. It was like your traditional carts on electric rail bump crash doors type dark ride. The building is still there, but it's used for storage. I was only at CP once 10 years ago and I rode the Pirate Ride 20+ times, it reminded me of the Bucket O' Blood dark ride at Dorney Park that burned in Sept. 1983. I like Knoebel's Haunted Mansion, Ocean City MD's Haunted House, Pirate's Cove walkthrough, Rehoboth Beach's Haunted Mansion ride, Morey's Dante's Inferno and others. I love Roller Coaster Tycoon especially 3 because you can build custom dark rides in it. And in 3 you can take a virtual ride on them.

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 12:19:25 AM »
I heard about this when they announced it and I really wanted to ride it. I can't wait until Hershey opens so that I can check this ride out. I love flats/dark rides like this and wish Great Adventure would get something like this. We see parks from all over the country getting rides like this, I am sure we are due for one sooner or later.