Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 'Saturday Night Lights' Fireworks This Summer!  (Read 4061 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
'Saturday Night Lights' Fireworks This Summer!
« on: February 06, 2009, 12:02:23 PM »
Fireworks are back at Great Adventure this summer! And it sounds like a must-see event!

Here's the press release:

Six Flags Great Adventure Celebrates 35th Anniversary with Internationally-Acclaimed Fireworks Extravaganza

'Saturday Night Lights' fireworks show kicks off Independence Day
Beginning July 4, Six Flags Great Adventure will debut one of the most dynamic, astounding fireworks series in the company's history with “Saturday Night Lights” featuring the internationally award-winning production, “Rock Loves.”

“Forget your idea of a traditional fireworks show, this is like nothing you've experienced before,” said Mark Kane, president of Six Flags Great Adventure. “Saturday Night Lights will knock your socks off and undoubtedly be one of the most amazing fireworks series in the country. It will be the 'must see' event of 2009.”

“Rock Loves” took top honors in the world's most prestigious fireworks competition L' International des Feux Loto-Québec in 2008 beating out nine competing countries including Australia and China. Pyrotecnico, the masterminds behind “Rock Loves,” will bring the five-act production exclusively to Six Flags Great Adventure this summer. “Saturday Night Lights” featuring “Rock Loves” will combine pounding rock 'n roll energy with a dazzling fireworks spectacle guaranteed to bring guests to their feet. The production will run 10 consecutive Saturday nights at 10 pm beginning July 4 and culminate Sept. 5, Labor Day weekend, immediately following the nightly “Glow in the Park” parade.

With its classic, pulsating rhythms, “Saturday Night Lights” will feature decades of popular rock music with a special nod to New Jersey rock n' roll favorites. This innovative use of pyrotechnics will be set against the backdrop of the park's picturesque Great Lake. Guests of all ages will be amazed by Pyrotecnico's unique visualization of music as each note is brought to life through a carefully orchestrated series of pyro combustions and explosions.

Guests can experience all that Six Flags Great Adventure has to offer including 'Saturday Night Lights' all season long with a 2009 Season Pass. A Season Pass offers guests unlimited visits to the theme park and Wild Safari and pays for itself in less than two visits. When purchasing a Season Pass guests receive a coupon book featuring more than $300 in special offers including free concerts and 5 Bring-A-Friend-Free tickets for selected days. A Season Pass can be used at all
Six Flags Theme Parks throughout the country and is available for purchase online at Sixflags.com/greatadventure for only $89.99.

About Six Flags, Inc.
Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company with 20 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada, and soon will be expanding beyond North America with destinations in Dubai and Qatar. Since 1961, hundreds of millions of families have trusted Six Flags to combine friendly-clean-fast-safe service with affordable, value-packed thrills, record-shattering roller coasters and special events like the Summer Concert Series, Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park. Six Flags' wide array of entertainment options reaches all demographics — families, teens, tweens and thrill seekers alike — featuring themed attractions based on skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, the ultimate daredevil Evel Knievel, movie franchises The Dark Knight and The Mummy; as well as world-renowned, kid-friendly brands including LOONEY TUNES, the Justice League of America,
The Wiggles and Thomas the Tank Engine.

Six Flags continues to develop new avenues for growth, acquiring ownership and management of Dick Clark Productions, producer of such perennial television hits as the American Music Awards, the Golden Globe Awards, the Academy of Country Music Awards, Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve and So You Think You Can Dance. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE:SIX) headquartered in New York City.

About Pyrotecnico
Pyrotecnico is a premier fireworks display and special effects company with sales offices in New Orleans, LA, Atlanta, GA, Montgomery, AL, Tampa, FL, and Las Vegas, NV. It produces over 2,000 shows each year and has been designing fireworks shows, and searching the world for the latest in pyrotechnic innovations, for 118 years. Learn more at pyrotecnico.com.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:05:01 PM by jglonek »

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
Re: 'Saturday Night Lights' Fireworks This Summer!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 12:05:47 PM »
This is GREAT news! I am very pleased to have this coming back.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:06:24 PM by jglonek »

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 12:08:12 PM »
If you head over to Youtube and search for Rock Loves Fireworks you can find a lot of videos of other productions, and I have to say I like what I see!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:26:59 PM by jglonek »

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 02:27:37 PM »
so rock loves is not original, but rather an award winning show that we are having this summer?
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 02:39:51 PM »
Well it sounds like it might be tailored more towards local Rock artists (Bon Jovi, Springsteen) than other shows are. I saw a link on Youtube to a Coldplay version of Rock Loves so

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 07:42:25 PM »
Who cares when they still go "Boom!" It's new to all of us who don't watch Fireworks on YouTube, or haven't been to Montreal for the competition. I'm definitely making a point of seeing them.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 11:32:02 AM »
I'm goin' into the Safari, fine me an elephant and call him flat ride. If he has a side kick, I'm calling him dark ride.
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 12:41:59 PM »
Fireworks choreographed to Springsteen and Jovi! AWESOME! :)

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 03:08:01 PM »
^That what Dubya said
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline MRHS Falcons

• http://www.freewebs.com/rollercosterfreak2003/
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
this is awesome news